Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Sugar Coat

Our hip pop routine was almost done thanks to Antonio and Lora. They gave us a few pointers and Luke and I followed through well. Our teacher told us that after hip pop we were going to do Jazz.

“Spirit fingers!” The teacher said quoting the guy from ‘Bring It On!’ one of my favorite movies so I laughed when the teacher did it.

After the class Lora and I went to the lockers and changed.

“You’re doubting Sterling.” Lora said.

I peeked through my shirt because I was pulling it on half way.

“Huh?”

“I saw that look on your face when you were talking to him.” Lora said.

“Look? What look?”

Lora smiled. “That ‘I don’t believe a thing you’re telling me’ look. I’ve known you my whole life, Ed.”

“He’s not telling me something, Lora.” I knew it was pointless to say otherwise.

“What do you think it is? I don’t think he’s cheating. He’s head over heels for you.” Lora said.

“I don’t know. He’s talking to Cruella again… that’s normal right? I mean… their parents are really close.” I said.

“That was Luke’s advice, wasn’t it?” Lora said.

“Yeah.”

“I say we follow him after school.” Lora said.

I scoffed. “No, I’m not like that. I should trust him. He wouldn’t hurt me.”

“Not knowing is going to kill you.” Lora said in a sing song voice.

That it would. “I’m not saying we are… but we have no car.”

Lora frowned. “Oh yeah,” but then her eyes twinkled. “but we can ask Luke and Luke can’t say no to you.”

“Not fair. I can’t take advantage of Luke, plus he’ll give me a lecture.” I said.

“Ed, Luke would go to the moon for you if you asked.”

Somehow it felt uncomfortable talking about Luke with Lora because of the kiss that was hanging in the back of my head.

“You do know he’s like in love with you, right?” Lora said.

I nodded.

“That’s why I can’t ask him.” I said. “You know what? I’ll just confront Sterling. I’m sure he’ll be truthful.”

“Whatever floats your boat.”

In Psychology class Sterling was waiting for me. We entered the class together and sat down together. I started to wonder what if…

What if Lora was right and I should spy on Sterling?

What if I get caught and start a fight?

What if it’s nothing?

What if he’s cheating?

All those questions were killing me. After a fifteen minute lecture we had to answer questions from the text books in groups of two. Naturally Sterling and I paired together.

“What part of the brain deals with motor function?” I heard in a distance.

Then Sterling snapped his fingers in front of my face and I blinked. “Sorry, day dreaming.”

“Yeah, I saw the look on your face.” Sterling said with a sly smile. “What’s on your mind, baby?”

“Do I have a lot of looks?” I muttered and Sterling chuckled.

“For almost everything and even smiles.” Sterling said. “So, what is that has you day dreaming?”

Lie? Or confront him.

“Nothing.” I’m a coward. “Just life, now what was the question?”

“What part of the brain deals with motor function?”

“Oh… it starts with a C… uh… cerebellum!” I snapped my fingers as I remembered.

“Correct and this is your reward.” He kissed me and my stomach did flips.

We broke up the kiss when the teacher caught us.

After school Sterling and I were under the bleachers, cliché you say and I agree but it was truly the only place where no one went after school. We were making out… very heatedly. Hands roamed and moans as well.

Sterling broke the kiss.

“I really have to go.”

I bit my lower lip and nodded. “All right.”

He kissed me one last time and left.

|Thursday|

I’m nervous. Dance class came too soon and I was nervous about making myself look like a fool in front of all my class.

The teacher called out our names. Luke and I were in some ‘hip pop’ clothes. I don’t mean with the bling and baggy pants, no, just some regular clothes we were used to but Lora told us it’s about image as well.

Toxic by Britney Spears come on and Luke started on our mark. I felt like an idiot at first but then I started to get into the music and soon it was all natural and well done. We nailed everything on time and it was a surprise because during rehearsal I always forgot something but I guess I psyched myself out.

There was a lot of hair flipping and I was used it because I was used to banging my head to heavy metal. At the end of the song I almost fell but we made it look like part of the routine. I was embarrassed that at the end it went a little wrong but super excited that I made it through.

Antonio and Lora were much better than Luke and I because they looked comfortable doing it. At the end they got a very loud applause. I clapped along and complimented Lora when she sat back down with us.

“That was incredible.” I told her.

“Thanks.” Lora said.

Lora and Luke went off talking about something and Antonio and I were left alone.

“I saw that slip at the end.” Antonio whispered much too close to me. I turned my face, big mistake. He was only about five inches from my face and I could clearly see his eyes and lips.

“What slip?” I played dumb.

He chuckled and I smelled his minty breath.

“I’ll let it go because I like you.”

“What a relief.” I said sarcastically and turned away from his face because I was getting that feeling again. Damn him and damn myself.

Should I just kiss him to get it over with? No. That’s dumb because what if there is something and I just make things more complicated? I’m known for making things more complicated. Things are just dandy the way they are right now.

I shouldn’t rock the boat when it’s already rocking.

This time Sterling didn’t have to… where he goes and I asked my aunt if she needed help at the shop and she said no. Sterling and I made a plan to go to the park after school.

After school we went to the park as we planned. I avoided the swings because it was just a reminder of my one moment of infidelity of Sterling. Instead of the swings we went to the playground and he chased me.

The other little kids were confused as two why two grown teenagers were hogging their space but we ignored them. It is a free country! I cheated and got off of the playground and started to run across the grass field.

Sterling tackled me to the floor and used his body weight to keep me down.

“I think I like this position.” He whispered in my ear and bit my earlobe.

I suppressed a moan.

“I think we should go to my place and… show how much we love each other.”

I laughed hard. “Just say you want to have sex, don’t sugar coat it.”

Sterling easily flipped me over to my back and he kissed me really hard and hungrily.

“I want to make you scream my name.”

“That’s more like it.” I said and brought back his lips to mine.