Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Poison

It was Friday! I woke up the next morning thinking that, but then I remembered my dream which involved Antonio and I walking along the beach and having those ‘movie kissing scene’ moment.

“Stupid gorgeous eyes.” I muttered as I got out of bed. I threw the covers aside and went to the bathroom, Havel was about to go in when I beat her to it. She banged on the door but I just smiled.

That’s what she gets for calling me an orphan. I did my stuff and then went back to my room and looked for something to wear. I pulled some random jeans and a Metallica shirt. I pulled on my converse and I headed downstairs with my bag.

“Hey,” I said to my Aunt Grace and Uncle Valentino.

“Morning.” They both said.

“Will you be helping after school in the flower shop?” My Aunt Grace.

“Do you need my help?” I asked and she nods.

“The couples trust you since you know so much.” My Aunt Grace said with a smile.

“All right then, I’ll help you.”

“How’s the new delivery boy?” Uncle Valentino asked us.

I looked at my Aunt and she grinned. “He’s fine, he’ll get around town on his own in no time.”.

I got out of the house before my aunt Grace could make things more awkward. Antonio was waiting at the bus stop. He smiled when he saw me. I smiled too and stood next to him.

“Good morning.” He said.

“Morning,” I said back.

“Did you do your Anatomy homework?”

I smacked my forehead and groaned. “Why is it always that I forget to do that one, seriously?”

He laughed as he dug in his backpack.

“Oh, it’s okay, I can copy from Luke.”

“I’m offended, you don’t think I’m smart?”

I chuckled. “It’s not that, but he’s my go-to guy.”

“Come on, once won’t hurt, plus I want to make up for coming on too strong yesterday.” He said blushing a tiny bit, it looked cute on him.

I took the paper from him.

“Do you come on too strong for all of the girls?” I smirked.

He smirked right back. “Just the ones I really like.”

It did feel good to be wanted but Sterling loved me and I felt loved by him so why was I looking else where? I never knew exactly why all I knew was that I was starting to have feelings for Antonio and fast and I had to stop myself before it got any further.

We got inside of the bus and he took the seat next to me. He took out his I-Pod, I guess he saw me looking at it because he gave an earphone to me. I took it and placed in my ear.

“Cause baby we'll be At the drive-in In the old man's Ford behind the bushes till I'm screamin' for more Down the basement lock the cellar door And baby Talk dirty to me.” By now we were both singing it.

I am a big fan of Poison, I was even fortunate to go to one of their concerts when they got back together. My dad… he took me and Coraline. Coraline complained a bit because she was more into Nirvana and Foo Fighters, but I was like my dad, we both loved the rock eighties music.

“You know I call you I call you on the telephone I'm only hoping that you're home So I can hear you When you say those words to me And whisper so softly I gotta hear you Cause baby we'll be
At the drive-in In the old man's Ford behind the bushes till I'm screamin' for more Down the basement lock the cellar door And baby Talk dirty to me C.C. pick up that guitar and talk to me.”

During C.C’s solo I said. “I always wanted to play the guitar, my dad starting teaching me but… I never picked it off.”

I looked to Antonio for his reaction.

“I can teach you.”

I was surprised he didn’t give that ‘oh she lost her parents’ look that I hated from everyone.

“Really? You know how to play?”

He nods. “My Uncle taught me, he’s the one who got me into the eighties rock.”

I giggled. “My dad was for me. He and I would have karaoke nights every Friday and it would irritate my mom and Coraline that we always picked eighties rock songs…” I laughed a little towards the end. It never stopped hurting to talk about them, I could pretend to be okay. I could smile and say I was fine but I wasn’t.

Antonio put his arm around me I leaned on his shoulder. I wasn’t supposed get this close to him but for some reason it felt right. It felt good. He didn’t talk and neither did I. We just listened to some more music.

“What are your plans for the weekend?” He asked out of the blue.

“Uh, well Saturday I have… therapy.” I whispered.

“Why are you ashamed of it?”

I scratched the back of my head and chuckled. “Cruella… kind of made it her thing to make me suffer a lot since… kindergarten. It was a secret for a years until I ‘stole’ her boyfriend and she wanted revenge on me and told the whole school I was crazy because I was seeing a therapist.”

Antonio frowned. “She does live up to her name.”

I laughed. The bus stopped at school and Antonio and I got off first. Luke and Lora were doing what they were always doing, texting and reading. Antonio came with me and Lora immediately stopped texting. She puts on a smile and flips her blonde hair.

I laughed again.

“So, Antonio.” Lora giggled.

Antonio gave her a breath taking smile. “Yes, Lora?”

“Wo-would you like to go to Six Flags with us on Sunday?” She must really like him because she only stutters with guys she’s really into. Which made me feel a little more guilty to have feelings for him, I already had guilt because it felt like I was kind of cheating on Sterling.

“Whoa, what?” Luke and I said at the same time.

“I thought he could make some friends.” Lora said innocently but I knew it wasn’t innocent. I sighed and looked at Luke and he nodded.

“Well? Antonio, would you like to come?” I asked him.

He smiled at me. “I’d love to, what time and where are we meeting up?”

“Come to my house because Luke and Lora are gonna be picking us up at seven in the morning.” I said.

“All right.” He smiled.

“You’re not going to ask her where she lives?” Luke asked.

That caught my attention.

“I know where she lives.” Antonio said with a small shrug.

“And that’s not creepy at all.” Luke said sarcastically.

“Luke.” I started but then the bell rang. I didn’t have class with Antonio so he went his way and Luke, Lora and I went another way. “That wasn’t nice.” I told Luke after we arrived in class and took our seats.

“I just think it’s a bit creepy.” Luke defended himself.

“Yeah, but that wasn’t nice.” I insisted.

“Why are you defensive?” He asked. “He’s not your boyfriend.”

I gulped a little. “I know that! But he’s cool guy, he likes the eighties rock like I do!”

“Right, and suddenly you’re soul mates?” He joked. He sighed and smiled at me. “I’m sorry, I’ll apologize to him at lunch. Do you need to copy the Anatomy homework?”

I shook my head. “Antonio let me borrow his.” I said with a sheepish smile.

Luke’s eyes widen and said “Oh… okay then.” He seemed hurt. I didn’t know what to say. Lora took his homework and copied it.

I needed Sterling to comeback and take these doubts away. I needed his kisses and his arms around me. I never thought I would be THAT girl. The girl that needs her man, damn it. I laughed at my own thought and the teacher and classmates gave me an odd look. I ignored them. They already thought I was crazy.

© ABeastOutOfMyself & CharmedLuna
♠ ♠ ♠
I love bands from the 80's it was the best time for rock!!!!