Status: Finished.

I Don't Like Your Boyfriend

Ticklish?

“Dirty deed done dirt cheap, dirty deed and a done dirt cheap.” I sang as we did a worksheet in Anatomy. I sung low so Mr. Sonyo wouldn’t hear me. I felt a pair of eyes on me and my green ones met an amazing blue ones.

Antonio had a that smile he only showed me. He looked back to his worksheet and I smiled as I went back to mine. During Nutrition he walked with Luke, Lora and I. Lora made sure she was the closest and I stayed with Luke pretending to be okay with it.

Luke and I talked about how many times were going to get on Goliath and Tatsu. We were both fans for rollercoaster rides. In Drawing and Painting Roza flirted with Antonio who was across the table. We had to recreate the happiest moment in our life, well first sketch it and then we would put it on a canvas but first the sketch had to have geometric figures and whatnot.

I thought about my happiest moment. It was definitely the day Sterling asked me out or our first kiss, but then I got thinking it was actually when Coraline and I went camping with our parents when we were ten.

I started to draw the forest and the animals and they were in shapes of squares or circles. It was actually pretty fun. I remembered I got Poison Ivy and we had to make the trip short but the two days we actually stayed in the wilderness were the best nights of my life.

At the time it seemed pointless and I thought we were going to have more time but three years later they were taken away from me. After Art I went to English. I couldn’t understand a single thing Shakespeare was trying to say. Our assignment was that the sonnet we were assigned we had to make it into our own language. I had to make a poster with our translation as to what Shakespeare was trying to say.

The sonnet I got was sonnet number XXXI. I made a mental note to ask Luke about this because I knew I wasn’t to get crap. It was due next Friday so I had a week to do it, wait Sterling knew a lot about Shakespeare, in fact he says he had William Shakespeare’s whole collection in his house.

I made another mental note to ask Sterling too.

At lunch I took my seat besides Luke and Lora and Antonio were already deep in conversation. I turned to Luke and gave him my puppy look. He sighed deeply.

“Shakespeare?” He suggested correctly.

“Are you a mind reader, Luke?” I smirked.

“No, you’re just easy to read.” He smirked too.

I laughed. “Well, yeah, we have to translate a sonnet into our words and I have no idea what he’s saying.”

“When is it due?” He asked.

“Next Friday.”

“How about I go over to your house on Tuesday night and I’ll help you.”

“That’s cause you’re a genius.” I kissed his cheek and made that popping sound.

He pushed me away and pretended to dislike it.

“Aw, you know you love me.” I said in a joking matter.

“Yeah, unfortunately, I do.” He smiled.

At lunch I went to the bathroom and I heard gagging sounds coming from a stall next to me. As I washed my hands someone walked out of the stall, it was Havel. Her eyes widen when we saw each other. She straightens up all normal as if I didn’t hear her throwing up her lunch which only happened to be a salad.

“What’s your problem?” She hissed when I stopped her from walking out of the bathroom.

“Are you bulimic?” I asked her straight out.

I saw the surprise in her eyes but she recovered and scoffed.

“Please,” She tried to move me but I was stronger.

“Havel, seriously. Are you bulimic? If you are you need help you’re not fat.”

I saw the hate flash through her eyes.

“Leave me alone, crazy orphan.” She caught me off guard and pushed me away.

She may be a bitch but she was family. I didn’t know if I should tell Aunt Grace, it was something serious. I had to ask someone. Putting that off my mind for a while I went back to the table and talked with Luke about what I saw privately.

He advised me to tell my aunt because she could get sick if she’s not eating. Great, I had to tell my aunt her only daughter was bulimic.

During Dance Class I told Luke the pointers my Aunt gave me and he liked them and we changed our dance a little and we finally finished. Our song was ‘Never Say Never’ by The Fray, it was random because Luke and I picked it out of a hat.

I was so happy with our routine. It was precise and it had a lot of emotion to it. In psychology I was able to distract myself from my life. Our teacher told us to start a dream diary. I cringed at that. I was going to have to make stuff up, he had no way of knowing my dreams were fake. I couldn’t tell my teacher I was dreaming about the car crash and about a guy who wasn’t my boyfriend, no that would create problems.

Luke and Lora dropped me off at the flower shop. I was going to help Antonio again for the deliveries and I had one singing telegram the song was ‘Dreaming of you’ by Selena which was a good choice. The lady loved it and I knew her boyfriend or husband was getting laid that night. Antonio talked about himself during the flower deliveries.

He told me he was originally from Oregon which was a long way from here. He has one parent, his mom, his dad left them when he was ten for another woman. He doesn’t like to talk much about him.

He has a little sister and brother named Jean and Joseph, they’re fraternal twins like Luke and Lora. I found it funny.

He told me his Uncle--the one who got him into the eighties rock music--became a father figure to him and when he died he was very sad and he missed him very much. There we had something in common. We both lost our fathers. He understood my pain which brought more feeling towards him. I could relate to his pain and he could to mine.

His favorite color was indigo and he preferred dogs, like I did. When we got back to the flower shop he wasn’t as mysterious as he used to be. He was Antonio Vincent Wessington.

While I was clipping flowers again, for death leaves and other stuff he was out in the front cleaning around. When I went to the front desk he was already done.

“I think after our chat I deserve to know your real name, Eddie.” He raised an eyebrow and he leaned close to my face.

I laughed pulled out. “I don’t like my name… it’s so girly.”

“Come on.”

“Seriously! That’s why since I was little I liked being called Ed or Eddie.”

He laughed. “Ed, Edd and Eddie,” He was referring to the cartoon show on Cartoon Network.

I laughed too. “No one has ever made that connection before.”

“Ah, that’s because they’re not me. Now, come on, you even know my middle name!”

“Vincent,” I chuckled. “I like it though.”

He rolled his eyes. “Yeah, yeah. It was the name of my Uncle.”

I grinned. “That’s cool, tell me more about him.”

I propped my elbow on the desk and rested my chin on my open palm. He was about to talk when he caught up.

“Hey,” He extended the word. “You’re a sneaky one. Now I demand you tell me your name or I’m gonna do it the hard way.”

I raised an eyebrow and straightened out getting ready to run if I had to.

“How so?”

“Are you ticklish?” He asked getting closer.

I stepped back knowing I was very ticklish from the sides.

“N-no.” I lied.

“Liar!”

And I started to run away from him. He followed me and since I had short legs he caught me and picked me up. I yelped and laughed at the same time. He sets me down but has a bear hug around me. I was facing away from him and I felt his hot breath on the back of my neck. Shivers went through my body, the good kind.

“Tell me.” He whispered in my ear.

I shook my head. He kissed the crook of my neck. I felt my knees buckle. Shit, that was never a good sign.

“Please?” He said.

“Why do you want to know so bad?” When was I breathless? I didn’t even run that far but it felt like I had run around for hours.

“Because I just do,” His breath was on my neck now.

Was it wrong that I wanted him to kiss me there? Yeah, I’m pretty sure that was bad. I turned my head so I was able to look up to him he was bringing his face closer again.

“Edalene.” I said and he stopped getting closer. “My name is Edalene Vione Torch.” He let’s me go and I felt my hot face. I was trying to look as normal as possible.

“Was that so hard?” He smirked.

I gulped. “Very.”

© ABeastOutOfMyself & CharmedLuna
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think. Comment.