In Over My Head Zack Merrick

Chapter Seven

Zack

Taylor has been offbeat with me for about a week. I could tell she was pissed off, but I don’t know what I did to set her off, and it was really bothering me.

“When are we gonna get a break?” I asked the guysduring practice. We were leaving tomorrow. They all looked at me.

“A break from what?” Rian asked hesitantly.

“Touring,”

They all raised their eyebrows. “Well in about a month and a half we have two months off. This is a busy year for us, but that’s good, right? I thought that’s what we wanted? To get big?” Alex said, looking at me as if their was something wrong with me.

“You okay man? I thought you loved tour?” Jack questioned.

“I do, I do it’s just…” I trailed off.

The guys set down their instruments and turned their full attention to me.

“It’s just what?”

I sighed. “Let’s just say, it’s putting my relationship with my family in jeopardy.” I said.

“Your parents don’t want you touring?” Jack said stupidly. I rolled my eyes and Rian smacked the back of his head.

“He means Taylor and Jason, dimwit.” Rian scoffed. Jack nodded, understanding.

“They hate when I leave, especially Jason, which makes Taylor upset. She hatres seeing him upset, and I do too. He’s my son, and I love him more than the world; I hate leaving him. And Taylor, God Taylor, she’s the best woman there is. I really don’t treat her like she deserves, she tolerates and handles so much…” I said, shaking my head at myself.

Rian put a hand on my shoulder. “You’re not saying…”

“No! No,” I responded quickly. There was no way I was quitting the band, I needed the money to support Jason and Taylor and music was my passion. “I just don’t know what to do,”

“I’m sorry, man,” Alex said.

“Yeah,” Jack agreed.

“And she’s been so upset with me lately, and I don’t know how to fix it because I don’t even know why,” I said, beginning to get aggravated with myself and the situation.

“She loves you, Zack. Trust me, she’s not going anywhere,” Jack promised me. Out of all of the guys, Jack was definitely her best friend.

“I hope not.”

- - -

“Daddy!” He cried.

“Jay I’m sorry bud,” I picked him back up, kissing his forehead. “I swear I’ll be back soon. I wont be gone for long this time.”

“Can’t me and mama go wit you? We like you’s music!” Jason tried. I cracked a small smile.

“I wish you could,” I said honestly. “Now be my little soldier?” I asked him.

He blinked back a tear and nodded, straightening up his back and pretending to salute me.

“Take care of your mom, and be a good boy,”

“Okay,” He smiled. “I loves you dad!”

“I love you too, I’ll call you,” I promised, setting him down.

“Baby, give me and daddy a minute, okay?” Taylor said, looking down at our son. He nodded, scurrying off to the living room to watch cartoons. She turned to me, her eyes sad. The same emotion they had been holding for about a week. It killed me.

“In about a month or so, I’ll have like, two months off,” I told her, hoping it would cheer her up. I wrapped my arms around her small waist, rocking her back and forth.

She smiled small, looking up at me. “That’s good,” I nodded. “I’m gonna miss you,” She said quietly,

“I’m going to miss you so much more,” I said, kissing her forehead multiple times. I knew I was going to be late but I didn’t care. They wouldn’t leave without me.

She shook her head. “I love you,” She told me, making my heart tighten. She looked so sad. She looked at me, with some look of hopefulness, like she was hoping for me to say something, or remember something, but I couldn’t think of anything.

“Baby, I love you too,” She sniffled.

“What day will you be back?” She asked.

“August fifth,” I told her.

Her back stiffened, and she waited a moment, as if she was waiting for me to say something. “Okay,” She nodded. Her mood suddenly shifted from sad to annoyed.

“What’s wrong?” I tried asking her.

“Nothing, I’m just… just gonna miss you,” She shrugged. I gave up on trying.

“I love you so much. I’ll call you tonight,” I said, kissing her deeply, not wanting to let go of her. Once my phone went off from Rian calling me I knew I had to go.

“Love you,” She said, not looking me in the eye. I wish I knew why she was so mad.
“I love you more,” I said, backing slowly out of the door.

Hopefully she would be okay soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe? <3