Status: on hiatus for now.

I'm Just A Ghost, I Can't Hurt You...

I'm out of my mind

Gerards POV

After speaking to the police for what felt like hours about the last time we spoke to Frank, and how much he had drunk, i finally got to go home. Ray and Bob got a cab and went home, we all needed time on our own. Ray had called Mikey whilst Bob and myself were in seeing Frank....I jumped as a loud bang sounded from behind me. I spun around and realised it was only the front door, some wind must have caught it and pulled it shut behind me. I turned back around and slowly took off my jacket and threw it over the banister, walking into the living room i absentmindedly ran a hand through my black mop. As i walked into the living room i saw all my presents sitting on the coffee table still, i hadn't opened any yet...and to be quite honest i wasn't in any mood to. I sat down quitely on the edge of the sofa staring at the five parcels sat in front of me, despite myself i reached out and picked up the one off the top. It was rectangualr in shape and wrapped up in a green paper that had 'Merry Christmas', gingerly i picked up the label and opened it up reading the scribbled writting inside.
'Dear GeeGee :D

Happy Birthday dude. Hope it's a good one.

Love

Frankie XO'

I blinked again as tears threatened to fall for the umpteenth time that night (I had broken down again in front of the police when i told them about when he left). I carefully placed the parcel down on the coffee table. I didn't want to open it, i couldn't. I literally couldn't make myself rip apart the paper that he had wrapped carefully around the contents. I wiped my eyes, pausing as i heard a slight scuffling sound in the doorway, carefully i lowered my hands and glanced out at the archway seperating my living room from the entrance hall, i smiled slightly as i saw my labrador puppy, Jenna, sitting in the archwaystaring at me with wide brown eyes...puppy dog eyes....somehow in my mind subconsciously i began to think of Frank and the tears began to fall, painfull gasping sobs escaping past my lips as it all began to sink in. Jenna's eyes widened slightly in shock ut she pattered over to me and jumped up on the sofa next to me, next thing i knew her head was gently resting on my leg her big brown eyes looking up at me. I smiled slightly through my tears and peted the top of her head, i snifed and quickly wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my top. Jenna kept on looking at me with a 'tell my what's wrong' look.
"He died." I sighed sadly, i looked down and saw Jenna cock her head ever so slightly. "Frankie....Frankie was hit by a car earlier....he died." I sighed sadly, great, now i'm talking to my dog. Jenna nuzled my leg slightly, almost as in sympathy, i smiled and sat there absentmindedly stroking her, staring at the parcel on the coffee table. I felt the sadness creep over me, and the questions. How could somebody do that to someone? Just leave them dieing in the road like that, he was all alone. He had told me once, when he as very drunk, that, that was the one thing he was really scared of. Dieing alone.

i leant back into the sofa, never letting my eyes leave the parcel sat on the table in front of me.
"I didn't wrap it all pretty for you to just sit there staring at it ya' know." I jumped in shock, Jenna leaped from her seat besides me and scampered out of the room through the door to the kitchen. I looked up and felt my jaw land in my lap. Frank was leant up against the archway, a smirk plastered on his face, his hair was short and black, unlike how it had been, and he was dressed in a black jacket with a black shirt underneath, the top few buttons undone, and skinny jeans with black and red sneakers.
"OH. MY. GOD." I practically shreiked and leapt off of the sofa. I was going insane. I had to be, there was a dead man standing in my doorway. Frank's smirk fell off of his lips, and a look of slight concern slipped into it's place.
"Gee..." He spoke quitely and took a step towards me. I freaked out. I mean let's face it my dead best friend had just popped up out of nowhere.
"Get the fuck away from me!" I yelped and moved so that the sofa seperated us. A hurt look flashed across his face. Slowly i began to back away muttering to myself. "Oh my god. This isn't hapening. This isn't hapening. Your not real." Frank's eyes went wide at the last sentence and began to walk towards me, through the cofee table. I shreiked slightly and began to scrabble backwards, towards the staircase.

I turned and ran up the stairs, my heart hammering out of my chest, a small part of my mind was scolding me for running but another part was absolutely convinced that Frank dieing had pushed me over the edge. I didn't even know where i was running to, i saw my bedroom door and made a quick evaluation, there was a onsuite bathroom, that would do. I pelted through the door and slammed it shut behind me, pushing my bed-side cabnet up against the door. I really don't know why i bothered, i mean i had just seen him walk through the coffee table for gods sake! I scrabbled away from the door into the corner of my room as i heard a voice on the other side of the door.
"Come on Gee!" Franks voice floated through the wooden door as though he was standing beside me. Just be quite and he won't know your in here. I can't see you, you can't see me. "GERARD! I know your in there. Come on i'm not gonna hurt you. Your my best friend. Please." I sat there for a moment.
"Prove it!" Damn. There goes the 'be quite and he won't know your here' theory.
"What?" His voice sounded confused. I sighed impatiently.
"Prove that your who your saying you are."
"Gee...." He sounded hurt, but I wasn't giving in.
“Come on! I’m not doing anything you say until you prove that your…Frank.” I heard an irritated sigh from the other side of the door.
“Fine. Since your being so bloody stubborn!” I shifted in my corner and listened intently, a part of me really wanted to believe that it was him, I wanted my best friend back. “Um…ah! got it.” I could practically see him jumping up and down a huge smile on his face. “That day, about….8 months ago when we ate, like, a ton of sugary sweets that day and you made me make you the first on my contact list.” He chuckled slightly. “I had put like, a gazillion A’s in front of it to put you at the top. Do you remember Gee?”
“Yea.” I chocked out a reply. I could feel tears beginning to trickle down my cheeks. “We would just burst out laughing randomly.” I whispered, my mind casting back to the day, a small sad smile forming through the tears.
“That’s right.” My head snapped up at the sound of Frank’s voice so close, he was sitting cross legged in front of me, sadness etched into his eyes. He looked up at me. “Please Gee, please believe me.” I wanted so badly to nod, I almost did. Only almost.

It suddenly hit me, what if I had gone insane? Of course this….Frankie faker would know all that, because he was a figment of my warped and twisted mind. I jumped to my feet and moved away from him.
“Leave me alone.” I whispered. “Please…just leave me alone.” I turned to run again. I practically threw my bedside cabinet aside and ripped open the door. I ran straight out of my room, stumbling as I ran and the tears clouded my vision. I glanced behind me and saw Frankie speed out of my room, as I watched I realised his feet didn’t directly hit the ground. “Oh god.” I whispered. Next thing I knew I saw Frank’s face contort into one of fear and surprise.
“GERARD! THE STAIRS!” I frowned and turned my head so I was facing the way I was running, just a second too late. Just a second before the floor disappeared out from beneath me. Just a second before I went crashing down towards the ground, tumbling down the stairs.

Frank’s POV.

“Shit, shit, shit, shit….Fuck!” I muttered as I ran down the stairs after him. He seemed to just hang there for a second, like in the cartoons, his legs still wanting to run, but there was nowhere left to run. I jumped down the last three steps and looked down in slight terror as my feet slipped partly through the floor. I pulled one out and placed it on the floor at normal level and pulled my other foot out. I blinked in disbelief for a second before I ran to the crumpled form in front of me. He was laying in such an unnatural position. His legs turned out funny and his head was twisted facing me, a look of surprise still on his features. “Oh god. Please don’t be dead, please don’t be dead.” I realised though he couldn’t be dead as otherwise I still wouldn’t be here. I swear to god if he died I would kill him.

I knelt down beside him and gently placed a hand on his shoulder. nudging him slightly, it was as though I could feel his heartbeat coursing through me, while my hand rested on his shoulder (Without falling through miraculously) it was like I could see his life slipping away, it was like a prism. A prism surrounding him in a misty haze….and it was fading.
“Don’t you bloody dare.” I muttered, I don’t know what I did. I still don’t know what I did to this day, but I have only ever been able to do it one other time. But that’s another story for another time. I placed both my hands on him, I just knew I couldn’t let him die. If he died, I was gone…for ever. I wasn’t ready to go yet. The longer I kept both of my hands on him, the brighter the prism got, I heard the sound of bones cracking and popping back into place, I watched as his legs jumped and moved into a more natural position. I grinned as his eyes fluttered slightly and the look of shock dissolved into a more neutral one, a small groan escaping the corner of his mouth. I smiled slowly lifting my hands off of his shoulders. Next thing I knew I as falling, I was laying beside him. I felt like I had done five shows non-stop and then gone clubbing all night after, I was fucking drained!

I shifted slightly so I could see his face. His eyes widened as he saw me laying beside him, his eye widened as his memory of the fall came back. I just sighed tiredly and rolled onto my back, turning my head to face him.
“Believe me now?” I gasped out, I smiled slightly as I saw him nod timidly, his cheeks flushing slightly. “Thank god for that.” I muttered and let my eyes flutter shut.