Status: Complete

Merlin

Invitation To Dine

We went to a room that wasn't that far from where Merlin and Gaius stayed which I was pleased about. It was rather big and of course made of stone, which made the room quite cold. There was a four poster bed with a chest at the bottom of it. Merlin got out the bed sheets and started to sort them out. There was a table with two chairs and a long red and white table cloth on it. I was so amused at how things were so different back in 2010.

"this is actually so amazing" I smiled leaning on the table.

"What? Don't they have bedrooms like this in 2010?" Merlin smiled fixing the bed sheets.

"Yeah..well no" I said and went over to help him.

"We have bedrooms but the walls are covered in wallpaper and the floors have carpets or wooden floor. And instead of tables like this we have desks with computers on them, cause everyone is obsessed with computers in 2010" I smiled remembering.

"Computers?" Merlin asked.

"They're electrical machines that let you get on the Internet" I smiled.

Merlin just looked so confused I giggled.

"Electricity, is em a source of energy that comes from thunder and lightening" I said trying to find the best way to explain it.

"And the Internet is this big web of information that you can only access by having a computer" I said.

"Oh. I see" Merlin said.

I knew by the look Merlin had on his face when he thought I couldn't see that he didn't understand fully. I smiled and we finished fixing my bed.

"What else do you do in 2010?" He asked after we had finished.

We sat on the bed and I thought about what was different here than in 2010.

"Well, in 2010 we have only one Queen the Queen of Britain which is England and Scotland. Then there's Prime ministers and all that, they're kind of like the Knights I guess in comparison. Then in America and all that they've got Presidents. Oh! And instead of Horses and carriages and that we had cars! and buses" I said excitedly.

"Cars?" He asked.

"Like metal carriages that use fuel instead of horses to run. Like petrol and oil." I said.

Merlin just nodded. I sighed with a smile.

"I'm sorry. I'm not very good at this explaining stuff" I said.

"No it's fine" Merlin smiled.

"So what do you do for Arthur then?" I asked.

"Anything and everything his Royal Highness commands" He sighed and shrugged.

I smiled and stuck my tongue out. Merlin smiled too.

"Is everyone equal in your time?" He asked.

"Pretty much." I nodded.

Merlin nodded too. I opened my mouth to talk when the door went and Merlin shot up and pretended to fix the covers. The door went again and Merlin looked at me expectantly. I stood up and cleared my throat.

"Come in" I said and looked at Merlin making sure that's what i was to do.

Arthur came in and smiled at me and then looked at Merlin.

"Are you slow at everything?" Arthur asked.

"Well-"

"Sorry, my fault again!" I jumped in stepping forward.

"I started reminiscing with Merlin about old times." I said.

Arthur looked from me to Merlin and exhaled loudly through his nose.

"It won't happen again My Lord" I bowed my head.

"It's alright, it's understandable" Arthur said.

Merlin smiled at me and I smiled back, Arthur turned to Merlin.

"Merlin, don't you have something to do now?" Arthur asked.

Merlin thought for two seconds then clapped his hands together and jumped to leave.

"Yeah, sorry. Uh have fun Sarah" Merlin said and left.

I stepped forward as if to follow then remembered that things are so different here to where I'm from. My friends here have jobs to do.

"Are you alright?" Arthur asked.

"Yes..thank you." I smiled.

"And you My Lord?" I asked.

"I'm well thank you. Um, I was wondering if you would like to join me for dinner. I'd love to hear more about Scotland and I'm sure my father would too" Arthur offered.

"My Lord...you've done so much for me already" I said.

I felt so awkward calling Arthur My Lord and acting as though I wasn't as good as he was, but I guess people weren't equal back in this time.

"No really I insist. I'm really interested in hearing about our neighboring country" Arthur said.

"Well, I'll join you My Lord...if only Merlin could too...see I wouldn't feel right if I went and he didn't" I bit my lip.

Arthur thought about it and sighed slightly.

"Very well, I'm sure Merlin can just catch up with his chores tomorrow after he's polished my armour" Arthur said.

I giggled and smiled which made Arthur smile slightly.

"I'll tell Merlin then" i said.

"OK. See you at dinner then" Arthur nodded and left.

I watched as he left and bit my lip. What have I got us into?