Lust or More

The Struggle

Draco hadn’t let me help at all with the cabinet like he said he would. I’m just a presence in the room. If I said anything, I would get yell at for distracting him. Leaving the room wasn’t an option either; he would throw a fit and say I wasn’t supporting him. I spent my time watching him or looking around the room.
“Ah, I hate this stupid cabinet!” Draco picks up a nearby cup and throws it at a pile of books.
“Alright, you need a break and it’s time for dinner.” I jump out of the rocking chair that I found.
“No, I need to get this done.” He slams his hand against the cabinet.
“You’re not going to get it done when you are all frustrated. You need a clear mind and to eat.” I grab his hand.
“Fine,” He sighs defeated.
“Really? I also think you would do well with a good night sleep. You will wake up with a fresh mind and ready to work.” I suggest, excited that he was going to finally take a break. He shot me a harsh glare. “Let’s see how dinner goes.” I pull him to the exit, practically running to the Great Hall.
“Can we walk like normal people?” He yanks his hand out of mine.
“Sorry, we skip lunch. I’m a little hungry.” I lie.
“No, you’re trying to get me there before I change my mind.” He wraps his arm around my shoulder, guiding me at a normal pace.
“There’s no getting anything past you.” I wrap my arm around his waist.
“Remember that.” He drops his hand to my ass, giving it a pinch. I remove my arm from him to smack his stomach. “Despite the unladylike manners, I will still be a gentleman.” He held open the Great Hall door for me.
“Yes, I heard pinching a girl’s ass is high on the gentleman's list.” I roll my eyes, walking into the Great Hall.
“The first thing a gentleman learns is to give a girl proper attention,” He gave my bum a squeeze.
“I think you have to look up the word proper.” I laugh, sitting down at the table. He sat down next to me, before piling food on his plate. I scoop up some shrimp pasta and snatch a piece of garlic bread. My eye wanders around the room and close in on something at the Gryffindor table.
“What is that on Weasley’s face?” I narrow my eyes to get a better look.
“Not the mudblood that's for sure,” Parkinson smirks.
“Looks like trouble in the golden trio.” Blaise let out a jolly laugh. I ball my fists up, did nothing I say to that dumb boy sink in.
“Look at the poor mudblood, she’s going to cry.” Draco crackles. I search the table to find Granger with tears in her eyes. She was staring down at her plate, visibly shaking. I felt my heart throb for her. I knew what she was going through. I glance between Draco and Parkinson.
“Hey, love. Don’t look so down, not all your love prediction can come true.” He bumps my shoulder with his.
“I said that they would end up together. This girl won’t last.” I shake myself out of the daze I was in.
“Maybe you got it wrong, maybe the mudblood will end up with scarface.” Pansy points over at Harry comforting Hermione.
“What does it matter? They are all lower life forms that deserve each other.” Blaise rolls his eyes. Like that the subject was drop, as we pay attention to the food on our plate. “Did anyone else get invited to the Slug Club?” Blaise made like he was curiously asking. I saw right through him, he was bragging. He knew that none of us got invited.
“Those are a bunch of people that Slughorn sucks up to, hoping that they’ll be successful later on in their lives. So, he can use them.” I cross my arms. It was really a disgusting use of power.
“At least he thinks I’ll be successful.” He shrugs.
“The Weasley girl and Granger got invited too, so don’t get too excited being group with them.” Parkinson smirks. Blaise gave her a nasty glare that would have made a grown man shiver, but she giggles. She was smiling like she won some kind of prize. Maybe it was her lack of brain cells, entitlement issues, or combine of both that didn’t make her realize if she said one more wrong thing to Blaise; she would be at the receiving end of a hex.
“I heard that he gets free tickets to all of the Welsh’s games and anything he wants from Honeydukes for free. If he getting that kind of treatment from his former club members, you know he is going be treating you guys really good.” I said, hoping to pick up his spirits. I was annoyed with him bragging about this, since he found out three days ago. But, it didn’t feel right to burst his bubble of excitement.
“The first meeting is going to be on Friday.” He went right back to rubbing it in our faces. That’s one thing you had to love about Slytherins, we bounce back fast.
“You have to tell me what the food is like at these slug club meetings. I heard amazing things, especially the desert.” I encourage him to continue for his enjoyment and Parkinson annoyance.
“Maybe if you’re nice to me, I’ll take you to one of the party.” He gave me his panty dropper smile. A hand grips my hip tightly.
“If I went with you it would only be for the food.” I squeeze Draco’s thigh letting him know I got the message.

I struggle to keep my eyes open and my body moving to my next class. I stay up all night with Draco, while he tried to fix the cabinet. It’s funny, I’m spending all this time with him, but I feel like I hardly see him. Weasley was walking ahead of me. I look around to see it was only the two of us in the hall.
“Weasley!” I yell, causing him to turn around. “What do you think you’re doing?” I push him into the wall.
“Walking to class,” his face twists in confusion.
“What did we talk about twice?” I shove two fingers in his face.
“I’m not sure, but we make out a few times.” He shrugs with a lazy smile on his face.
“Granger, we talk about the feeling she has for you.” I glare.
“Oh, you're crazy theory.” He laughs.
“It’s a fact, not a crazy theory. Do you know what you’re doing to her, being with that other girl? You are breaking her heart.” I poke him in the shoulder with each word.
“If she does like me, which she doesn’t, that doesn’t mean I have to be with her. I can be with whoever I want to.” He grabs my wrist.
“That would be true if you didn’t like her. But you do, you are just too scared.” I poke him with my other wrist, only for him to grab that one too.
“I’m not scared of her. She is my best friend. My girlfriend is Lavender that is who I have feelings for.” He squeezes my wrists before dropping them.
“Don’t get me wrong, Brown is a beautiful girl but that’s all she is. She is naive and clingy. I know that’s appealing to your male adolescent hormones, but we both know that there’s no deep feelings there.” I rub my wrists while hold my glare on him.
“You don’t know her and you don’t know me.” He glares back.
“What if I told you all this was a lie? That I don’t care about Granger at all, but it's that I’m jealous of Brown.” I decide to call his bluff with one of my own.
“What?” He gasps.
“I don’t like that I can’t have you, Ron. I hate this stupid school and these stupid houses that separate us. I know that I can’t be in a relationship with you, but can I be with you physically one last time.” I pull him by his shirt collar to me. He closes his eyes and pucker up his lips. “See Weasley, what you feel for Brown and I is lust. Lust isn’t something that can keep someone faithful.” I whisper in his ear. I pull back, smirking at the shock look on his face. “You have a right to be scared, because if things didn’t work out for some reason then you get your heartbroken. But, if they do work out then you get a happily ever after. It’s just about taking the risk.” I fix his collar, before walking away.

I was wondering around the room of requirement looking for items to decorate my dorm with. I let out a squeal of excitement at the sight of an antique dresser with the first four drawers gutted out and made into a rat cage. I press my face up to the cage, there was a hammock hanging in the top corner. There were holes and ladders that made it so they could go to all the shelves in the dresser. It had two bottom drawers for storage. I pull out my wand, saying a spell that would make it small enough to fit into my bag.
Draco let out a screaming sob. I ran over to him. He was on his knees holding a bitten apple. I kneel by him and rub his back. “Don’t worry baby, you’re going to figure it out.” I kiss his shoulder.
“I have been working on this for months and I still haven’t got it. There are no books on this stupid cabinet. I can’t ask anyone for help, because no one is supposed to know about this.” He ran his fingers through his normally perfect hair.
“You could ask Snape.” I suggest in whisper.
“What?” He stood up quickly, knocking me flat on my bottom.
“He made the unbreakable vow. He needs this cabinet fix as much as you do.” I brought myself to my feet, not that it matter he was still towering over me.
“And what makes you think he knows how to fix this. If he was so capable of fixing it then you-know-who would have chosen him, but he chose me. I! AM! GOING! TO! FIX! IT! ” He put his hands on my shoulders, shaking me.
“I was just suggesting, no need to bite my head off.” I grab his arms to stop him.
“It’s four in the morning, come on let’s go to bed.” He drops his hands to gather his belongs. I follow his actions and let him lead the way back to the dungeon. “Your dorm or mine,” He asks.
“Mine.” I pull him up the stair and into my dorm. I change into a pair of cotton shorts and a loose camisole. I feed Sophia, before climbing into bed with Draco who was only wearing boxers. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I felt myself drifting off to sleep.
“Why do you think I wasn’t invited to that stupid club?” I open my eyes to see Draco staring down at me.
“What?” I slur out of tiredness.
“The slug club, how can Blaise get invited and not me?” He grunts.
“Because your family has deatheaters in them, Slughorn likes to stay away from being associated with them.” I explain. Blaise told me everything he found out about the slug club.
“What? I’m being black ball because of my family. That is ridiculous, I am my own person.” He hisses, sitting up.
“Calm down. Even if you got invite to the slug club, you wouldn’t have time for it.” I pull him back to lay down next to me.
“I guess. It’s not like he’s wrong though.” He rubs the dark mark on his arm.
“You did the best thing for yourself and your family. People like to think that we are evil and do the things we do out of enjoyment. But, we do what we have to for our family’s approval and survival. They don’t know what that's like, because they have perfect loving families.” I put my head on his shoulder, wrapping my arms and legs around him.
“I keep telling myself that, but it doesn’t feel that way.” He sounds so drain.
“What were you suppose to do, tell you-know-who no? You would have died.” I search his face, trying figure out what was going on in his head.
“Sometime I think that would have been better.” He stares up at the ceiling.
“No, it wouldn’t have. I promise, somehow we are going to live a normal life and have a happy family.” I smile up at him.
“You like dreaming, huh?” He stares down at me in amusement.
“Trust me, it’s going to happen.” I gave him a goodnight kiss.