Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 11

Frank
August of 1995
So because of Gerard's loud mouth I've now got a girl friend. Even though I'm still pissed at him for what he did, I'm still kind of happy that he did it. Annabell and I wouldn't be dating right now if he hadn't opened his big mouth. For once today I felt at ease. Like I was on cloud nine, what ever that means.

"What do you think your friends will say?" Annabell asked as we walked, hand in hand, back to Mikey's house.

I shrugged, "I don't know. Gerard will probably make some gesture that indicates sex, "Annabell chuckled as I continued, "And Mikey will probably smother me in a hug." I laughed. "What do you think Sally will say?"

"Probably 'I told you so.'" She spoke softly, trying to hide the fact that she was blushing.

"Awe," I cooed, "If my friends weren't so immature they'd say that too." I told her, trying to make her more comfortable.

She smiled, her cheeks turning back to a normal color. We made our way back to Gerard and Mikey's back yard. They were all looking up at the stars like before but every now and then Mikey would kick his brother and Gerard would kick back. It was pretty funny.

Annabell and I made ourselves noticed as we walked further into the yard. All of them shot their heads up to see who it was, 'cause in Jersey it could be a murderer. Mikey and Sally smiled at us when they saw us. Gerard backed away like a little girl. He knew I was still mad at him.

"Ahh, hands together, hands together!!" Mikey cheered, standing up and pointing at Annabell's and myself's hands.

"Awe." Sally cooed, standing up next to Mikey.

Annabell and I both blushed. Gerard cocked his head to the side, furrowing his eyebrows. He stood up and looked at us in confusion . Slowly he made his towards us with caution. I thought it was pretty funny that he was afraid of me. I was like four foot nine, what could I do to him?

"Wait. You're together now?" He asked. I nodded with a big smile on my face. "How the hell did that happen?" He asked.

I laughed and shrugged, "Well since you so kindly said that I wanted to ask her something, I decided to ask her to be my girlfriend... And she said yes." I added, holding up our entwined fingers.

"So you're not mad at me?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Possibly." I shrugged,

"I got you two together and you're mad?!" He exclaimed.

"Calm down Gerard. I was kidding." I chuckled, patting him on the back.

We all resumed laying on the ground and looking up at the stars. Even though my parents were still getting a divorce, Annabell and I getting together will probably help me a lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short.
I didn't really like it.
Thanks for reading though.