Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 14

Frank
August of 1995
Mikey had made it in time before Gerard got home. He actually got home a little after I had, and he brought, not only Ray, but another guy. His name was William. He goes by William too, not Will. I guess he went to Gerard's college and William actually was the one who introduced Ray to Gerard... Does that make sense? Hopefully.

William's got this geeky look to him but I like it... That sounded gay but whatever. Anyways, he's wearing jeans and this striped gray and blue shirt. The shirt looks faded too. His hair is like this dirty blond that sort of hangs over his eyes. He wears these glasses that have a thick outline on the lenses and the lenses are pretty big too. I think they're fake though. Some people wear fake glasses just for style which I find odd.

I was in the basement with Gerard and his friends. They were all sitting at the poker table in Gerard's room, yes the basement is Gerard's room. I was sitting on the couch watching TV. The table was behind so I couldn't see what they were doing but I could hear them whispering stuff. I didn't know what though.

The reason I'm with Gerard is because Mikey went to go take a shower and I didn't want to sit in his room and do nothing.

"Hey Frankie, come here." Gerard called.

I groaned and got up. I was being really lazy today. All we did at Annabell's house was lay around and that's all I'm doing here. Weird 'cause usually I'm hyper.

I got up off the couch and walked over to the table where the guys were. There was some things on the table which I could identify as drugs but I didn't know which ones. Gerard was doing drugs? I wonder if Mikey knows.

"W-Whats up?" I stuttered as I starred at the drugs on the table. I didn't even look at Gerard when I asked him.

"Listen, my family is going to visit our grandma this weekend and I need you to do me a favor." He explained, trying to find my eyes.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Hold this at your house." He stated rather than asked as he pushed the drugs towards me.

My head snapped up and I looked at Gerard with confusion on my face, "What? I can't hold that shit at my house. I don't even live there right now. Besides, I wouldn't hold them even if I did live there. That shit is gonna kill you." I explained.

Gerard and this William kid laughed at me, "Just for the weekend dude. It's not like I'm asking you to us-"

"No! I thought you were smarter than this Gerard. Stay away from me." I spoke softer as I walked out of the basement.

I couldn't believe Gerard would do drugs. He never looked like he would. I wonder what kind of drugs he's doing too. Some of that shit can kill him if he over doses. Maybe I should tell Mikey. Just to warn him. Just so someones looking out for Gerard.

I walked up to Mikey's room and found him pulling a shirt over his somewhat wet chest.

"Hey Mikey." I nodded my head towards him. He pulled his shirt on over his head and said 'Hi' back, "Listen dude, I need to tell you something." I began.

"Me too. Listen, my parents are making Gerard and I go visit our Grandma this weekend and unless you want to stay here with my dad for the weekend, I think you might want to go back home or something." He explained.

I totally forgot they were leaving. i was going to have to go home. I didn't want to yet, though. I still needed time. I guess I was being a little dependent though. I was just depending on everyone to pick me up when I fell. Maybe I should go back home.

"A-Alright. I'll go see her tomorrow at the diner maybe... But Mikes I need to tell you something." He looked at me, telling me he was paying attention, "Um... I-I think. Ger-Gerard's doing drugs." I mumbled and stutter on almost all my words.

"What?" Mikey asked, a look of confusion smacked on to his face.

"Y-Yeah. We were downstairs and - and he asked me to keep them w-while you g-guys went to go see your Grandma." I explained.

"He's so dead." Mikey said through gritted teeth. He stormed out of his room. I heard his footsteps hitting the stairs. His stomps echoing in the downstairs hallway. The sound was slowly faded but it was soon replaced by a yell from Gerard.

"FRANK IERO, YOU'RE SO DEAD!!!"

I was screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait.
I've had a lot of tests in school this week.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter.