Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 16

Frank
August of 1995
There were faint noises and voices that I could hear around me. I knew that there was definitely a couple people in the room but I wasn't sure of who. I couldn't really make out their voices 'cause they were whispering. I could also hear something like - like a beeping noise? - Yes that was definitely a beeping noise.

The feeling in my body soon was brought to my attention. I was extremely warm. I could feel a thick blanket draped over my body. It was tightly hugging my body. My arms weren't under the blanket though. They were on top of it. I could also feel something wrapped around my head and my stomach. Was I wearing a hat or something? What is this?

Although I was extremely tired and exhausted for some reason, I used everything in me to open my heavy eyes. They slowly peeled open, only to be met with bright lights that made me groan and shut them. As soon as I groaned I heard people call my name in a questioning tone.

"Frankie?" I heard another person say as I once again attempted to open my weary eyes.

Finally I managed to open them with out the lights completely blinding me. After they adjusted to the light, I looked through blurry eyes to see a couple of recognizable people in the room. Ray was a given when he's got hair like that. Mikey and William were there but I couldn't tell who was who 'cause they both had glasses on and I couldn't see too well. Another person was in the room. I couldn't tell who it was though. I girl or women for sure but I couldn't see who.

"Frank are you alright?" Mikey or William asked me.

"Wh-Who are you?" I asked, trying to see who it was.

"Oh my God, he doesn't remember us!" Ray exclaimed.

Everyone began to panic, "No, no, no! Guys I know who you are sort of. I just can't see really well right now... Ray's over." I pointed, proving I knew who they were, "Mikey and William are here but I can't tell who is who. You're both wearing glasses and it's confusing me." I stated. "And there's a girl over there but she's too far away for me to see who it is." I added.

A sigh of relief escaped everyone's lips as they realized that I did in fact remember them. The girl that was standing in the room walked a little closer and as she neared the end of the bed I knew exactly who she was.

"Annabell." I spoke.

I rubbed my eyes a couple times before trying to get a good look at everyone again. They were clearer now which was a good thing. I looked at Annabell and saw that she seemed a little upset. That's when I began to look around at where I was. The room was a cream-ish color. Almost white... The hospital. At the thought of the word hospital, everything came rushing back to me. Gerard had literally beat me so badly that he put me in a hospital.

"Are you alright Frankie?" Mikey, yes Mikey now that I can see, asked.

I took a deep breath as I continued to look at Annabell, "Sort of... What - Why - Did he break anything?" I finally asked, finding the right words. As I spoke I reached out for Annabell who came and sat in a chair next to me, taking my hand and lacing our fingers together.

William sighed, "He broke two of your ribs and you had to get stitches on your forehead." He explained.

"Damn." I mumbled, looking back over at Annabell.

She had a sympathetic look on her face. She felt bad for me.I just gave a her a reassuring smile and pulled on her hand. She stood up as I pulled her so she would get the hint that I wanted her to lay next to me. She rested her head on my shoulder and I pecked her lips before resting my head on hers. That's how I stayed for the rest of whatever the time was. William, Mikey and Ray all left, saying they'd come back later so I could spend some time with Annabell. It was nice of them. I needed to just hold her for awhile after what Gerard had done to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler.
Sorry for the wait.