Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 31

Mikey didn't go to school the next day and neither did I. Instead, I told him about everything that had happened within the past 24 hours. I felt like a complete failure. I had messed up everything with everyone. My parents, Annabell, Annabell's parents. At least I had Mikey and Gerard... Well I hope I have Gerard. He might be mad at me for lying to him about having a ride home but maybe he won't care. I hope he won't care.

"I think your parents are here." Mikey spoke as he looked out the window of the living room. "And Annabell's parents are here too. And there's Annabell. What's going on?" Mikey questioned as he turned around.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I didn't know what was going on, but soon, Mikey's mom stepped into the room and informed us that she had told them all to come. I guess Annabell didn't go to school, today. This entire gathering was because of me, too. I don't see why we all had to be here. It was going to be embarrassing and I wish I could be someone else right now.

Eventually, we were all sat in the living room. I sat next to Mikey and Annabell sat next to me. We all faced our parents. I didn't know why Mikey was with us because he wasn't in trouble, as far as I was concerned, but I liked having him next to me. I felt like Annabell was really upset with me, still, and it'd be awkward if I was just with her. Our relationship was falling apart.

"So, who wants to inform us all of the events that took place last night?" Mrs. Way asked.

I didn't want Annabell on the spot, so I began to explain, "G-Gerard came and got me from my dad's house. He drove me over to this side of town and dropped me off at Annabell's house. And then..." I looked at Annabell. I guess this part of the story was what none of the parents knew about, but this part of the story was crucial. It was the reason everything happened.

Annabell looked over at me; her face was so sad. She looked like she was about to cry and I shook my head at the thought. I mouthed the words, "It's okay" to her. She turned away and closed her eyes. I could see a tear about to leak from the corner of her eye.

"Frank? Frank, then what?" My father pressed.

I ignored him, though. I just focused on Annabell. She was always my main focus. She always had my attention. I scooted in front of her, my back to our parents, and placed my hand on her cheek. She opened her eyes and the red veins made her eyes blood shot.

"Don't cry." I whispered. "I never meant to make you feel this way." I added.

"Frank!" My father yelled and I snapped my head towards him.

I was angry as I yelled at him,"Will you shut up! There are more important things in this world than the next part of the story!" And I turned back to Annabell.

She looked at me and gave me a small smile. A weak smile. I could hear my father yell at me behind us, but I continued to focus on Annabell. "Tell them." She nodded, referring to the rest of the story.

I gave her the best smile I could muster up before turning and looking at my father who was furious with me.

"You're already grounded for 2 months, don't push it, Frank." My father threatened.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, grounded. From who, dad? The 101 friends I have back on the other side of town? Okay. Good parenting." I spoke sarcastically and clapped at the end. "Y'wanna know the rest of the story? Here it is. When I went to go see Annabell, she was hanging out with this guy and I got angry or jealous, if you will. I'm not here to be with her and if I'm not here, then other guys will be. I was wrong to think that Annabell would do such a thing but fuck, have you seen her? Look at her." I turned towards Annabell, "I don't care if I'm young and immature, but all I know is that when I first saw Annabell, I thought she was the most gorgeous girl I had ever seen. She is the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen." I turned back to our parents, "But I'm not the greatest looking guy and I'm not your typical dude, either. What kind of chance do I stand with any other guy out there? Annabell's, like, number one where as I'm not even ranked. I was scared that she'd leave me, so I thought that if I didn't leave her, she wouldn't leave me. So I didn't leave. I just stayed. And we happened to fall asleep, but last time I checked, you have to be awake to do sexual activities. Nothing happened. I'm sorry that I stayed. This is my fault, and no one else's. I'm to blame."

I didn't know if what I had said was the right thing or the wrong thing. Our parents all just... Stared. I didn't know if what I had said sounded really stupid, or it was spot on. They stared and I stared back, but finally, my mom spoke up.

She began with a sigh, "It seems like you really like Annabell." She took a deep breath, "You're still in trouble, despite everything that's been said, though."

I just shrugged, "I didn't plan on getting out of trouble. You asked for a story, so I told it. You didn't ask for a beg and plead to getting out of trouble."

"Thank you, Frank." My father spoke sharply.

"We'll discuss the punishment. For now, why don't you all go up to Mikey's room." Annabell's father suggested.

We did as we were told. I wasn't going to complain. It meant more time to spend with my friends, and I wasn't going to fight with that. I didn't know what the punishment would be, but nothing could really be worse than living across the city from Annabell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are wonderful.
(: