Status: Missed this?

Giving Up the World

Chapter 6

Frank
July of 1995
It had been about a week since we went to the water park. Mikey and I weren't fighting anymore which was good. I don't think we could ever stay mad at each other. It was pretty much impossible for us. I was still afraid of swimming even though Annabell sort of helped me out with the fear.

The month was now coming to an end. August was right around the corner. Which also meant school was coming around too. Damn I won't see Annabell that much then. We don't go to the same school. I'm such a loner over at my catholic school. I have no friends there and everyone picks on me. It sucks.

Back to today, we're all hanging out at Mikey's house. Ray's over and Annabell's on her way. She said that she was bringing someone with her. Someone she had met the other day. I guess she made another friend. I wouldn't be surprised. There's actually a ton of kids on this block but Mikes and I just don't really hang out with them.

The door bell rang and Mikey got up to answer it. Gerard was starring at me with a smile on his face. A smile that said ' the love of your life is here'. He's so immature. He needs a girlfriend. And if he has one he needs to get laid by her.

"Annabell's here." Mikey announced as they walked in.

A girl stood next to Annabell. She was about the same height as her but she had very light brown hair and brown eyes. She was pretty but nothing compared to Annabell. She seemed to have a good taste in music though. She had a Black Flag t-shirt on.

"This is Sally." Annabell introduced.

A round of hello's and greetings were made by the group. Mikey made sure Sally knew who we all were. I guess she was Annabell's next door neighbor. Mikey said that she went to his school and she was pretty nice and cool. Our group of friends were slowly growing as the end of the summer neared.

I was a little disappointed that Annabell found another friend though. Since Sally is obviously a girl she'll spend more time with her. They can do girl things together. I am not putting on make up that's for sure.

"So what're we doing today?" Gerard asked after we had been watching TV for the past 45 minutes.

Mikey shrugged, "I don't know."

"That helped a lot Mikey." I joked, earning myself an elbow in my side.

"Shut up. I was just stating what was on my mind." Mikey explained.

"You guys want to camp out in the back yard?" Gerard suggested, turning off the TV so every ones attention was on him.

"Sounds like fun." I shrugged.

"I'm in." Ray stated.

"I'd have to go ask my parents." Annabell said.

"Same." Sally added.

"Well go ask! It wouldn't be a camp out without you two!" Gerard urged while smiling.

Annabella and Sally laughed as they went back to their houses to ask their parents. Meanwhile, the guys and I were setting up the tent in the back yard. It was huge! Mikey and Gerard's family used to go camping back in the day. The maximum number of people that could fit in the tent was ten. There was only six of us.

"So I wonder who Frank will be 'falling asleep' next to." Gerard teased as we brought out some food and drinks.

I shoved him a little and blushed, "Shut up."

Ray chuckled, "Dude it's okay if you like her."

"I know it's okay it's just annoying that you guys tease me constantly." I stated.

"Well fine, we'll stop teasing you... But only if you make a move on her." Gerard established.

I groaned and flopped down on the grass. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed, debating on whether I could do that. We've known each other for almost a month now but I don't know. We're great friends and haven't spent a day apart. I'm just afraid that she won't like me back.

"So..." Gerard dragged out the word as he sat down next to me, "Deal?"

I let a deep breath, "I'll make a move when I feel like it's a good time too." I settled, getting up and helping the guys put the sleeping bags in the tent. This was going to be a long night.