Until The End

To A Friend

That night, Jimmy wanted to go out for our birthdays. He said it was because we all had dates now, and no one would feel out of place. Unfortunately for Matt and Zacky, their dates were each other.

Brian attempted to touch Sam as little as possible, hoping she would think he wasn't as bad as all of us were making it seem. She was happy to sit as close to him as possible at dinner though, and for that, he was glad.

I rested my hand on Johnny's arm, and he smiled. I knew he truly did want the baby to come soon, but there were still six long months ahead. He kissed my forehead, and I saw Sam smile at us.

"Well, this is lame," Jimmy sighed. "We need some excitement. Something fun."

"Johnny, go get a stripper," said Matt, leaning his head back on the booth.

"Um, retard, my fiancée is right here," Johnny said. "Besides, you have legs. You're fully capable of walking."

Matt took a long drink of his beer. I played with the beads of sweat dripping down my water glass. I hadn't had a drink in three months. This baby was preventing it, though if I could get pregnant while being infertile, I'd gladly give up 9+ months of no drinking. I wasn't even supposed to drink before I got pregnant. I'm turning twenty in a week.

I looked over at Brian, who was whispering something in Sam's ear. She smiled, but she pushed him off. Maybe she wasn't really into PDA, but Brian looked genuinely hurt. I wondered if he was just trying to get some, and I sincerely hoped not. There was no way a girl like Sam would stand for that.

"Hey, Kent said we could start moving in on Monday," Johnny told me.

I smiled and said, "Awesome. I suppose this is the best birthday present I've gotten then."

"No, trust me," Johnny said. "Your birthday present will be much better."

"I agree," said Naomi.

"You know what it is?" I asked.

"We all do," replied Zacky.

Johnny smiled evilly at me, and I stuck my tongue out at him. "Not fair that they all know and I don't," I huffed.

"It will be worth the wait," said Johnny.

"It better be. What could be better than a house with the man I love and a baby on the way?" I kissed him.

"Maybe not better, per se, but it definitely adds to the love." He put his arm around my shoulders and said to Jimmy, "So if this is your early birthday, what are we gonna do on your actual birthday?"

Jimmy shrugged. "If it's gonna be as lame as this one, we might as well not even have one," he laughed.

"Oh, that would be awesome," I said. "Can we not have a birthday party? I can't even do anything anyway."

"Why not?" asked Sam.

"Baby," I said simply.

She nodded, but she didn't say anything else. She glanced over at the DJ booth, and she smiled. "I love this song."

Brian closed his eyes a second, listening to the music, and said, "Evanescence?"

"One of my favorites," confirmed Sam.

"You wanna go dance?" he asked.

Sam smiled, and so did he. They stood up and left without another word. I watched as she led him out to the floor, and he followed her willingly. I knew she liked him for more than his social status. The way they looked at each other was just like two high school crushes would. I leaned against Johnny, and I sighed.

"What's up, hun?" he asked in a low voice so only I could hear.

"Just thinking," I said.

"You wanna go dance too?"

I looked up at him and smiled. "Might as well, before I get too fat to walk."

"You'll be just as beautiful as you always have been." He kissed my cheek and stood up.

I followed him, leaving Matt and Zacky sitting with Naomi and Jimmy, but not for long. Naomi and Jimmy, too, went out to the dance floor. Johnny put his hands on my hips and held me as close as he could. He touched my stomach and smiled.

"I meant it, you know," he said.

"Meant what?" I replied.

"You will always be the same beautiful woman I fell in love with," he said.

I blushed. "You flatter me, Johnny."

"That may be, but I'm telling the truth."

I rested my cheek on his shoulder as the music slowed to a different song. I knew he was being sincere, but I never thought of myself that way. I wouldn't admit it in a million years.

I looked over at Sam and Brian, laughing and smiling and talking, as they swayed with the music. I saw Sam put her hand in his, and they looped fingers. I smiled to myself. Then I looked at Naomi and Jimmy.

They were the same way.  
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww Sam and Brian :)

Sorry if these are sucky, but I'm trying my damnedest to figure out stuff. You guys have good ideas that I hope to use sometime :D

Comment!