Until The End

The Freaks are Coming

Johnny and I were sitting on the couch watching tv the next week when Matt came in the living room. He was smiling evilly, and I didn't really want to know why, though I knew he was going to tell us. He flopped down next to me and nudged me.

"Guess what?" he said.

I rolled my eyes and said, "What?"

"I know you guys have been looking for a place to live, and I'm not saying you have to move just yet," he began. "I don't mind having you guys here, but the place next door just went up for sale."

"The two-story?" Johnny said.

"The one with four bedrooms?" I asked.

"Yes, and yes," Matt said.

Johnny and I looked at each other, and I smiled. Maybe this wouldn't be so hard. Johnny stood up and took my hand. I knew he was anxious to get over and look at the place before anyone else did, and I smiled at his enthusiasm.

I put on my LA Pride sweatshirt (it had become my favorite over the last couple of weeks), and I slipped on some flip-flops. The realtor was standing on the sidewalk talking to the previous owners when we crossed the yards toward them. The realtor made a weird face, but he smiled politely as we drew closer. The owners recognized us, and they tried to act as polite as possible. I smiled at each of them.

"Heard the house was for sale," I said. "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Zimmerman."

They nodded to me. The realtor turned to Johnny.

"Kent Young, at your service," he said. He stuck out his hand.

"I'm Johnathan Seward, and this is my fiancee, Lissa," said Johnny, shaking Kent's hand. "We're interested in getting a place of our own, and my friend noticed this place was on the market."

I shook Kent's hand as well and added, "We're already familiar with the area, so it's the ideal place."

Mr. Zimmerman grimaced, and I knew what he was thinking. Why would I want to sell my house to a couple of party animals? So I was sure I was going to mention the baby sometime to them so he didn't think we were buying it to party. Johnny took my hand, and I smiled.

"Well, let's go in and see what you think," said Kent.

We followed him into the house. The entryway and foyer were painted a dark mauve color, something I could live with if I had to, and the floors were a dark oak. We walked through the living room and connected kitchen. The design was similar to the house we currently lived in, with the exception of an island counter in the center of the kitchen. Kent explained to us how everything was beneficial, but we were only half listening to him. Johnny wandered through the living room, and Kent turned to me.

"So how long have you guys been together?" he asked.

A bit personal for a realtor, but I said, "A few months."

"Months," repeated Kent. "Well, I wish you both a happy life together."

"Thanks," I said. I looked around and added, "This actually is very similar to our current home. We'd feel right at home here if we chose this place."

"Really? Four bedrooms and two bathrooms?"

"Five, not including the basement they turned into a room. I'm interested to see the bedrooms actually. Can we go look?"

Kent nodded, and I caught Johnny by the arm. He kissed my cheek and followed me up the winding staircase with Kent leading the way. He was trying to make idle conversation, and we assumed it was the protocol for realtors, so we humored him.

"How'd you guys meet?" he asked.

I bit my lip and looked at Johnny. He shrugged, so I said, "I was actually dating his best friend, and we broke up. Johnny was just there for me the whole way, and somehow we ended up dating."

That was as close to the truth as I was going to tell him, but he didn't seem to care.

"And you guys have always lived in Huntington?" asked Kent.

"No," I said. "I moved here from Iowa to be in the acting business, but I got...preoccupied."

"I've lived here as long as I can remember, though," said Johnny.

I looked at Johnny, and we both rolled out eyes. Just show us the house and leave us alone.
-----------------------------------------------------
When we left the house and began crossing the yards back to the house, we saw a silver car pull up. It parked by the curb in front of the house, but I didn't recognize the vehicle. Until the driver got out.

He was a tall man with hair long in the front and short in the back. He was tanner than when I'd last seen him, but I did recognize him. I saw Johnny smile when he turned to us, and I was grinning from ear to ear.

"Jimmy!" I screamed, running to him.

He caught me in a big hug, and he laughed loudly. I turned around as the passenger got out- I couldn't wait to see my best friend!

But the passenger did not look like Naomi. I didn't recognize the dark-haired, tan girl that stood up out of the car. She had the right structure, and she had the same eyes, but it wasn't Naomi.

I turned back to Jimmy and punched him in the chest. He took a couple steps back, his arms raised in defense.

"Where's Naomi?!" I shouted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh...whadya think? Jimmy in trouble?

Comment, my loves! I'm having trouble writing this...bear with me lol