Status: This story is still being written. Please bare with me.

I couldn't help it

Chapter Eight

I don't know how long we sat like that. Each of us had our eyes fixed on the other. I never found out why I caught her attention. I wasn't even sure why she caught mine. Maybe, it was because she was like me. An outcast. Someone no one really wanted to be around. Or maybe, it was because deep down, I knew that her rebellion was hiding something. And my mothering instincts wanted to comfort her. It could have been any of those reasons. Most likely, it was all of them.

She broke eye contact, first, and when she did, she turned around in her chair to face the teacher.

The rest of the day was relatively easy and boring. I was the first one in all of my classes. I took notes. Sat by myself at lunch, and didn't talk to anyone.The entire day I thought about Connor, and how much I missed him. If I wasn't thinking about him, then I was thinking about the girl. Something inexplicably drew me to her.

When the bell rang, to signal the end of the day, I ran to the car. I couldn't get to the baby-sitter's house fast enough. But I did arrive, and when I did, I raced to knock on the door.

Maria, the baby-sitter opened the door, with Connor in her arm. She handed him to me. I hugged him close, and kissed him, all over.

"I missed you so much." I cooed. "Mommy missed you."

I turned to Maria, who was smiling at me.

"He was a good boy, today. He ate all his food, and he took a 2 hour nap, so he should be well-rested."

"Thanks Maria. We'll see you tomorrow morning." I handed her $25, and waved goodbye.

And on the way home, I thought about 'Miss Evans'...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to update. I recently got a job, and it has taken alot out of me! But I will not abandon my readers!!!! Comment, and subscribe!!!!