Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 1

Two weeks ago…

So, here I sit at the bar in my new back yard. Excuse me while I loosen my tie a bit. I am about to paint you a very pretty picture. Ok good. Now as I said, I am sitting at the bar in the my new back yard. It’s about 9:00pm but that’s ok because there is plenty of light. Candles line the pool and there are tiki torches throughout the yard.

To my right, there is a stage, and to my left there is Jimmy telling a story to the bartender. No, no…I don’t have my own bar tender. Just for tonight. Sitting at table just over by the pool is Zacky and Aubrey. It’s good to see him this happy. Since she came home, the smile hasn’t left his face once. And over by the back door is Johnny handing a sleeping Jonnie Lou to her nanny. What a great father he is and Jonnie Lou loves her Uncle Matty-Matt. Believe me when I tell you, I love her too. Stormy is standing over by the gazebo with her hand on Tera’s belly. Oh, did I mention, Tera and Jimmy are having a baby? So, that’s it. I think I covered everybody….

Nope…directly in front of me is my beautiful wife, Sydney, dancing with my best man, Brian. Yep, we were married today in a private ceremony in our back yard. Only “The Family” was invited and they were all there. How could they not be? We all live in the same house. After Kelli died, Jimmy and Tera moved in with Johnny to help him with the baby. It kind of sucked being so far away and everyone had separation anxiety. We are a family and families are supposed to stick together. So, I bought a mansion. Johnny rented out his house and everyone moved back “home.”

It’s big enough for all of us to live comfortably and each of the five of us have our own wing, well except for Brian. Sick fucker took over the lower floor and created a “dungeon” type space for him and Stormy. We all have as much privacy as we need and come together when we want to. It seems to be working out pretty great.

Except for one thing……I think my best man fucked my wife.

Yeah, you heard me. As hard as it is for me to say and as hard as it is for me to believe, I think Sydney cheated on me. I don’t have any proof so I cant accuse either one of them, but there are things a guy just knows.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short...but they'll get longer after the first few. Just want to warn you though that this story is going to flip back over the last two years. There are going to be some chapters told in the present day and some that will show you things that happened since the funeral. I'll do my best not to confuse you