Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 10

The first week was the hardest on all of them. Stormy distanced herself from the other girls and continued to focus on her dancing. Every time that Brian called her she wouldn’t answer the phone. He left her message after message, but she didn’t even bother to call back.

Tera and Jimmy spoke nearly every minute that he was free. Tera found out through an ultrasound that their baby was a boy and he couldn’t be more elated. They were due only one month after he comes home from the tour and he couldn’t wait to be a father.

Aubrey helped Sydney find a place to live and when she finally found a place it was nothing compared to the mansion. She rented a small apartment closer to the other side of town and far enough away from Matt’s place. The day she moved herself out of the house Stormy was nowhere in sight.

Even though they had every right to hate her, Tera and Aubrey didn’t judge. They helped her move in and decorate and Tera even cooked her a week’s worth of meals. A doctor had confirmed her pregnancy and set her up with pre-natal vitamins and a schedule for visits.

When she finally settled in, Syd sat on the couch in her living room alone watching television. Fuse was airing news updates about the tour and the sight of Matt had her heart aching. There were girls in every shot of him and none of the guys seemed the least bit unhappy.
--

Every time Matt and Jimmy were alone, Jimmy bit down on his tongue hard so he wouldn’t tell the big secret that Sydney was keeping. It was awkward to say the least.
Brian and Matt still weren’t speaking when they were in close quarters, but out in public, they managed to maintain the image that they were the best of friends. How they got from all being the close knit family to strangers was something none had ever thought would happen. As of late, it seemed that they all spent more time keeping secrets from each other than spending time with each other.

“Hello”

“Hi sugar plum”

“I’m not speaking to you” she said

“Why not?”

“You left and didn’t say goodbye”

“I don’t like saying goodbye to you, love”

“You didn’t kiss me and I know you like to do that.”

“I do, very much” he agreed, “I have to go, Matt just called a band meeting”
She huffed on the other end of the phone and hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok the first 10 basic info chapters are out of the way...now you have all you need to know to follow along with the rest of the story, it's going to get dramatic to say the least and this will probably be the last "filler" chapter.

P.S. Now you know mystery man isnt Matt.