Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

One month into the tour

“Hello?” Stormy was running late and heading to her car when her phone started to vibrate. She hadn’t bothered to look down at the caller ID before she answered. She was in such a hurry to get to the ballet studio she didn’t care who was calling.

“Hi Angel” As soon as she heard his voice she mentally cursed herself.

“Hi” she responded curtly as she got into her car and started the ignition.

“So, we’re coming to Vegas tomorrow for two shows and I was hoping I could see you. I could fly you out or you could drive if you want”

“I don’t know Brian, I’m kind of busy tomorrow”

“Please” he was practically begging.

“We’ll see, I really have to go, I’m going to be late” She said and didn’t bother waiting for him to say goodbye before hanging up on him.”


“Gates!” Johnny yelled from the front of the bus. They were all waiting for him so they could have a meeting.

“Hold your fucking horses,” He said walking up and smacking Johnny in the back of the head.

Matt started to speak and they all listened. He noticed Jason walk up and sit beside Jimmy with a nervous look on his face. “What’s up?” Jimmy whispered trying not to disturb Matt. Jason handed him a gossip paper and when he looked down his face twisted in shock. The headline read:

Avenged Eightfold?
Underneath was a photo of Sydney getting into her car. With the description underneath that read:
Sydney Sanders, wife of Avenged Sevenfold Front man, M. Shadows, getting into her car outside the OBYGN’s office. Sources confirm that the couple is expecting their first child, due in the fall.

“Jimmy!” Matt snapped his fingers in front of Jimmy’s face making him look up at him. He grabbed the paper that Jimmy was holding and threw it behind him. It landed face up at Zacky’s feet.

Zacky glanced down and did a double take when he saw Syd on the cover. He bent down and picked it up and read the caption. Jimmy watched him as his jaw dropped. Over Matt’s shoulder he mouthed the words “holy shit” to Jimmy.

A very annoyed Matt turned around to face Zacky who hid the paper behind his back.
“What the fuck are you doing?” he asked Zacky.

“Sorry, I was just making faces at Jimmy” He lied.

“Knock it off! Both of you” he turned back and continued speaking. Zacky passed the paper behind his back to Johnny and Johnny took it and nearly spit out his beer. Brian leaned over to see what he was looking at and just as he looked over at Matt, Matt’s eyes locked on his.

“Got a problem?” Matt asked

Brian just looked at him with his jaw hanging down and shook his head no.

“OK WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?” he yelled. Johnny hid the paper behind his back.

“What makes you think something is going on?” Jimmy asked

“Oh I don’t know the fact that all of you have ADD all of a sudden and cant fucking pay attention to anything I’m saying.”

“Sorry, we’re just antsy, cant wait to get to Vegas” Zacky lied.

“Well could you tone it down?” he said as the phone in his pocket started to vibrate. After sighing and looking up at the ceiling in annoyance, he pulled the phone out of his pocket and answered the phone.

“Hello”

Every one watched as he listened to the person on the other end of the phone. All of them knowing that the shit was about to hit the proverbial fan.

“Hi Matt”

“Stormy?” he said. Brian’s head snapped up and he looked straight on Matt who was returning his gaze.

“Are you around the other guys right now?” she asked.

“Yeah, hang on” He walked passed them to the back of the bus. “Ok, all clear, what’s up?” he asked.

He could hear her sigh on the other end of the phone before she started talking.

“Have you seen the gossip papers?” she asked

“No, I don’t read that shit” he said scratching his head.

“Look, I’m going to tell you something and it’s for your own good. Sydney moved out like you asked her too and I haven’t spoken to her since the day you found out what her and Brian did, but I’m telling you this because she is still my sister and she is going to need you more than ever now.”

“Whatever it is will have to wait til I get back. Syd isn’t one of my priorities right now.”

“Ok, but don’t say I didn’t warn you”
she said and hung up the phone. He shook his head and put the phone back in his pocket.

When he walked back up to the front of the bus the guys all looked at him and stopped talking. Brian met his gaze again wishing it were him that Stormy had called. It was apparent to all of them by his demeanor that Stormy didn’t tell him.

“Why do I feel like you were all just talking about me?” he asked. They all shrugged and played stupid.

“Hand it over” he said glaring at Johnny who had the paper behind his back. Johnny looked at him like he just swallowed a golf ball.

“Uh..wh..hmm…yeah, no it’s not that interesting today” Johnny said fidgeting in his seat.

“CHRIST GIVE ME THE FUCKING PAPER” He yelled. Johnny huffed and reached behind his back. Matt snatched it out of his hand and they all turned their gazes to the floor. He held the paper in his hands and looked down at it. The expression on his face went from anger to rage when he saw the photo of Sydney with the caption below it.

He started to walk out of the bus, but felt the urge to get rid of some of the anger that he was holding on to. He turned back around and stormed straight over to Brian. Before Brian could get out of the way, Matt’s fist connected with his jaw and he fell to the ground. It didn’t stop there; he pounced on Brian and continued to punch him while the other guys tried to get him off. It took all four of them, Zacky, Johnny, Jimmy and Jason to pull Matt off Brian. When he was standing back on his feet, Jimmy walked him off the bus outside for some air. Zacky helped Brian up and walked with him to the back of the bus. His face looked like chopped meat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay Jason Berry's here!