Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 13

The bus rolled into Vegas early in the morning the day before our first of two shows here. A free day would do us all good. As soon as we got to the hotel, Johnny bolted and got a rental car so he could make the four-hour drive home and spend the day with his daughter.

Matt was sitting in the front of the bus when I walked up. I set my bag down and took a seat beside him. “Why aren’t you excited to be in Vegas?” I asked

He shrugged his shoulders in response.

“Any plans for the day off?”

“Nope”

“Want to talk about it” I nudged him with my elbow. He blew out a breath of air and folded his hands in his lap.

“I don’t know what to do” he said.

“What does your head say?”

“My head says she cheated on me with my best friend and I should walk away and never look back”

“And what does your heart say?”

“My heart says she’s having my baby”

“Well, let me just tell your head something. You see, there was this one time when this girl I know was shot and it was touch and go for a while. When she got home from the hospital, the man she loved cheated on her and flaunted the woman in front of her face. And then this guy got all touchy feely during a lap dance with this girl’s sister. This girl forgave him, not once, but twice because she loved him. Now the shoe is on the other foot and this guy is being a stubborn jack ass…just thought I’d share that, I’m not talking about anyone we know” I winked

He smirked and rolled his eyes at me. “And to your heart I would say, babies need the love of both parents. Even before they are born. Forgiveness is a great thing; love is an even greater thing and when you forgive, you’ll see how much you really love her.”

“Jesus Jimmy, you’re so fucking deep sometimes, I don’t think you have a stupid bone in your body” Matt smiled.

“Oh I had a stupid bone once, trust me, I got Tera pregnant with it.”

Matt laughed hysterically and put his arm around me “Thanks, but I have some thinking I need to do” he said and got up and headed off the bus. I watched out the window as he headed into the hotel and I couldn’t help but hope he was going to do the right thing.

Brian came walking up slowly and sat down beside me. His face was swollen and covered in bruises. “Does it feel as bad as it looks?”

“Worse” he said.

“You going to check in?”

“Yeah”

“I’m gonna go get a car and go see my wife. Want to tag along?”

“Yeah, sure. When do you want to leave?”

“I’m going to check in and get some sleep and leave around 2”

He nodded and got up. “Then I’ll see you at 2”
We walked off the bus together and went into the hotel. When we got our rooms, we found the nearest elevator and went up to our floor. I found my room which was opposite Brian. When I walked in I saw that My room mate would be Jason. He was sitting on one of the beds taking his clothes out of his bag. I turned around to say “See you later” to Brian and when he opened his door I could see Matt standing on the far side of the room.

Who in their right fucking mind would put these two in a room together after last night? Oh yeah, I forgot, me. There is a method to my madness though…I swear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying to post updates, but Mibba is being difficult