Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 16

They’d all made it back to Vegas with about 2 hours to spare before the show started. Jimmy’s mood didn’t seem to change the whole way there and he didn’t seem like he wanted to talk about it either.

Johnny got back about an hour before the others. He was having diner in the hotel restaurant with Matt and Zacky when Jimmy and Brian walked in with Stormy.

“Ya know, most two year old girls say daddy, but not mine. No, my little girl says Mattie!” Johnny said earning laughter from Matt and Zacky.

“Hey, I can’t help it if I have a way with the ladies.” Matt joked.

“When Jonnie turns 18, if I catch you anywhere near her, I’ll show you the real reason why they call me Christ!”

They were all laughing, but their laughter was cut off when they saw the others walking up to the table.

“Room for three more?” Brian asked

“Of course!” Zacky stood and gave Stormy his seat and went to find the waitress. When the waitress returned they helped her move another table over so that it was big enough for everyone.

When they were all finally settled, there seemed to be different random conversations going on around the table. Matt nudged Stormy who was sitting beside him.

“Have you seen her?” he asked and she didn’t have to ask who he was talking about.

“No. I don’t think I am ready, and besides, I don’t even know where she lives.”

“So you forgave Brian, but not Sydney?” he said

“I could ask you the same question”

Her retort ended their conversation and they both turned their attention to their dinner. Meanwhile the conversation between Zacky and Brian went like this..

“I’m guessing you’re forgiven” Zacky said
“I don’t know about forgiven, we haven’t talked about it yet.”

“So, is she just pretending it never happened”

“Seems that way” Brian nodded.

“Oh that’s bad, you know Stormy. She hides her feelings”

“Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of”

Johnny who was seated next to Jimmy poked him in the side when he noticed that his friend was painfully quiet.

“What’s up with you?” he asked.

“Nothing”

“Don’t tell me nothing, I know you”

“Ok fine, I’ll tell you because you may just be the only one who could understand. I felt my baby kick and it was the most exciting moment of my life. Yet, I had to look my wife in the eye and tell her I was leaving because I have to do a show. I fucking hate this, I hate that I am missing out on all the little things.”

Johnny put his fork down and pushed his plate away. “Yeah, well I would give back all of the small things just to have my wife back. So, be grateful because life can change in the blink of an eye.”

Johnny’s words touched Jimmy and made him feel guilty for being in such a bad mood all day. He forgot how much Johnny has had to deal with over the last two years, sometimes they all forgot, but not Johnny, having the baby was a constant reminder.

“I need to use the ladies room” They all stood as Stormy left the table and walked to the ladies room. When she came out ten minutes later, Johnny was waiting outside.

“What are you doing, Stormy?”

She rolled her eyes. “Please don’t get on my case”

“You have to stop! You’re going to kill yourself.”

“I know what I am doing” she started to walk away, but he grabbed her arm.

“If you don’t get help, I will tell.”

He let go and walked back to the table leaving her standing there wondering if he would really tell on her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next one's is a whopper...
p.s. there is a monster hint in this chapter as to who mystery man is :) There was also one in chapter 13...Is it Jimmy? I'm not saying yes...but i'm not saying no either ;)
All in good time