Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 17

The following night

The first show was as brilliant as we all thought it would be and tonight was even better. After last night’s show there was of course a party at the hotel, but Brian and Stormy didn’t come. To be around Stormy was awkward to say the least, granted she was a hypocrite. I’ve made up my mind and after tonight’s show, I am going to find Sydney and just fly out to the next show and meet the band there.

So, here we go. As I was about to end the last song and thank the crowd, I saw Jason Berry run up behind Jimmy and whisper something in his ear. Jimmy got up and ran off the stage cutting the song short. I made apologies and said goodnight on his behalf and ran off the stage to see what was going on. Brian, Zacky and Johnny were right behind me.

“What happened?” I asked Jason as he waited for Jimmy

“Tera is in labor”

“What? She isn’t due for two months” Johnny said.

“Yeah, well leave it to Jimmy’s kid to make an early grand entrance.”

“We’ll lets go” I made sure we all got on the bus quickly and headed straight to the hospital.

Jimmy was a nervous wreck the whole way. I tried to calm him down, but he wouldn’t sit still for more than five minutes. When we finally got to the hospital Jimmy flew off the bus and ran inside.

We followed in shortly after and found Tera’s room. All of the girls were there. When I saw Sydney again for the first time in a month, my heart nearly stopped.

“I’m a daddy,” Jimmy said sitting down beside his wife on the bed. The baby, although pre-mature was ok, he would have to stay in the hospital until he gained enough weight to go home, but the doctors didn’t anticipate any complications.

“What’s the little guy’s name?” Zacky asked

Tera and Jimmy looked at each other both knowing they had his name picked out long before he was born. “Legend FoREVer Sullivan” Jimmy beamed

“Awe lil Rev!” Aubrey said.

“Legend is a great name!” Johnny said looking down at the new family member.

So there we have it, the birth of a “Legend” so to speak. “Maybe we should let the new parents have some time alone with their son.” I hinted and everyone took the hint. We all walked out of the room. Stormy and Sydney didn’t say two words to each other. Brian tried to get Stormy to talk to her sister but she just refused. Johnny went home with Harley to put his little one to bed. Zacky and Aubrey took off soon after.

Being left with Sydney, Brian and Stormy was awkward to say the least, but it was about to get even more so.

“We should go, it’s getting late and we’re gonna have to grab a cab”

“It’s cool, I’m gonna wait for Jimmy” I said and watched Brian and Stormy leave.

I was left alone in the hall with Sydney. She wouldn’t even look at me. She didn’t even look pregnant yet, I guess in some way after a month I expected her to look like she was harboring a basketball under her shirt.

“Sydney…I” I started to speak, but she slapped me across the face.

“What was that for?” I asked

“That was for you having the nerve to say my name after everything you did to me. That was for you having the nerve to act holier than though after I made one little mistake that I regret more than you know. That was for you acting like it’s ok for you but not for me and this is just because you’re a fucking jerk!” she slapped me again and walked passed me.

I followed after her, but she was walking so fast she practically ran out of the hospital. When I got outside it she was gone, as if she disappeared into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter as happy as it was meant to be made me cry. I try so hard to write all of Jimmy's parts in my stories and my heart aches each time I picture him. Coming up with a name for the baby took forever, no pun intended. When I couldn't decide I just asked what would be the one word best to describe Jimmy and the first thing that came to my mind was Legend.