Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 25

Matt answered the door of Sydney’s apartment while she slept.

“Do you know what time it is?” he asked

“I know it’s early, but I can’t find Stormy anywhere” Brian said.

“What are you talking about?” Sydney asked from the doorway of the bedroom.

“She checked herself out of the hospital yesterday, no one has seen her since. I checked everywhere, no one has seen her.”

“Alright calm down, come inside” Matt stepped back so Brian could walk in.

Sydney put on a pot of coffee while the two of them talked.

“Think Brian, is there anyplace that she liked to go?”

“Yeah, the ballet studio, but I checked there and her teacher hadn’t seen her”

“She is taking ballet?” Sydney asked

“Yeah, and she was good at it too.” Brian said.

“Ok listen, she is probably just taking some time alone for herself. I’m sure she will turn up” Matt said.

“Matt, I have a bad feeling about this”

---

Stormy was tied to a chair in the room of what appeared to be an abandoned building of some sort. Her face was covered in cuts and bruises.

“This is the last time I am gong to say this. Tell me where my daughter is” Laura said coldly.

“NO!” Stormy shouted.

“Boys, she’s all yours.” Laura walked out of the room leaving Stormy there with the two men that she had come into contact with on so many occasions.

The two of them walked over to her and cut the straps that had her tied to the chair. She tried to get up and run, but they grabbed her and pulled her back. One held her while the other wrestled her clothes off of her. Each of them took turns violating her in ways no woman should ever have to experience. She started screaming, but it there was no point, no one would hear her.

After a while she lost consciousness.
--

Jimmy and Tera were able to bring the baby home today and when they walked in Zacky and Aubrey were sitting on the couch in the living room.

“Oh can I hold him?” Aubrey said

“Of course!” Tera put the baby in Aubrey’s arms and sat down on the couch beside her.

Aubrey held the baby and her eyes watered. She looked at Zacky and down at the baby.

“We can always adopt,” he whispered in her ear.

“Do you mean it?” she asked

“Yeah, someday when we’re ready, I promise,” he said

“Where is everyone?” Jimmy asked

Zacky filled Jimmy and Tera in on the drama that took place over the last few days. Johnny had joined them in the living room with Jonnie who was sitting on the floor playing with blocks.

“So how is Brian?” Tera asked

“Devastated would be putting it mildly.” Aubrey said.

No sooner did she say it did Brian walk through the door with Matt who was carrying a sleeping Sydney in his arms. Matt went up to his room to put Sydney to bed while Brian grabbed an empty seat in the living room.

“Any luck?” Jimmy asked

“No” Brian shook his head.

“She’ll come home when she’s ready, I’m sure” Tera said, but it was no comfort to Brian.