Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 31

Now comes the hard part. Johnny knocked on Harley’s door and when she answered he walked in and asked her to sit down.

“I think you and I both know this isn’t working out” he said.

She nodded. “I figured this was coming” she said.

“I’m sorry, I’m sure you’ll find something else.” He said.

“Yeah” she smiled and when he left she started packing her things.

--

Two hours later

Zacky was and Aubrey had returned from Vegas early in the morning and Aubrey went straight to bed to get some sleep. Zacky was sitting in the kitchen having coffee when Harley walked through the servant’s entrance with her bags.

“Going on a trip?” he asked

“No, I’m leaving. Johnny said it wasn’t working out” she said.

“Well, I guess this is good bye then” he said

“It’s that easy for you isn’t it.” She said.
“Yeah, it is. I’m married now and I love my wife.”

“I see, well congratulations I guess.”

He nodded and she picked up her bags again and started for the door, turning around once more to look back at him.

“I wont tell” she said and walked out the door. He sat there looking at the door swing back and forth when a wave of relief washed over him.

--

“I miss my best friend” Sydney said lying on Matt’s chest.

“I miss him too, Syd”

“He hates me now”

“Nope, that I can say for sure. I know him better than anyone. He doesn’t hate, he may get mad for a while a long while at that, but he doesn’t hate. Besides, how could anyone hate you? Your Syd!”

“I’m spoiled” she frowned

“Yep, and I intend to keep on spoiling you, regardless of what anyone says.”

“Regardless of what I did?” she asked looking up at him.

“Syd, I think we’ve both been punished enough for what we both did and the sooner we stop punishing ourselves the better off we will both be”

“Ok” she said.

He rubbed her back and looked down at her again. “I used to be your hero once” he said

“You are still my hero” she turned onto her back and took his hand placing it on her belly. “Do you feel it?” she smiled.

“Is that one of the babies?”

“Yep, I think we have a future kick boxer in there” she laughed

“Hey!” he tapped his finger on her belly “Stop kicking your mommy!”

Sydney laughed and kissed her husband.

--

“Where have you been?” Jimmy asked putting his arms around his wife as she stood in front of the crib watching their baby sleep.

“I have been playing match maker” she grinned.

“Really now and just who did you play match maker for?” he asked

“Johnny, silly one!”

Jimmy leaned over the crib and picked up his son. “I hope you know what you are doing” he said.

“Oh ye of little faith” she said.

“I just don’t get it. If it was me who lost you, I’d never be able to be with another woman ever again.”

“Jimmy, I don’t think Johnny wants to be with anyone except Kelli either, but his baby girl needs a mommy and he needs to feel love again.”

“I’m so glad I got the best girl in the whole world” he leaned down and kissed his wife.

“I’m hungry”

“are you hinting?” he asked

“Pancakes? Pretty Please?” she batted her eyelashes and he laughed.

“Ok. I’ll make you pancakes for diner”

He handed her the baby and set off in the direction of the kitchen and down the hall he could be heard faintly singing “Just a spoonful of Jimmy……….”