Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 32

“I want to go back to the dance studio.” Stormy said looking over at Brian for approval.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“It’s like therapy for me, I need it.”

“Ok, but I drive and I pick you up”

“ok” she nodded

“no argument?” he asked half expecting her to go off on him for being so over protective.

She sat on his lap and rested her head on his shoulder. “no argument from me. After what happened in the warehouse, I’ve decided to pick my battles with you because it’s not worth fighting over every little thing.”

He squeezed her tight. “There’s my Angel. I’m all for no arguments, but I still like you with a little edge”

She moved her face up “and I like when you are Synyster Gates” she lightly bit his ear lobe.

“Really?” he asked knowing exactly what she meant. She didn’t answer, she kissed his lips instead and just when he was about to deepen the kiss, she stood up.

“I have to go get ready!” she ran to the bedroom to shower and get dressed. He never looked more disappointed.

--

Riley started work and was there promptly at 9am as Tera had asked. Once she was accustomed to her room Tera took her around and gave her the grand tour of the house.

She took her and introduced her to everyone in the house so they would be familiar with the new stranger. Lastly she took her to meet Brian.

Tera knocked on Brian’s door and he answered in a good mood which was unusual for him.

“Brian, this is Jonnie’s new nanny…”

“RILEY!” Stormy shouted from the doorway.

“Stormy?” Stormy ran over and hugged the girl.

“What are you doing here?” she asked excitedly.

“I am the new nanny. What happened to you?” she asked looking over her friend

“It’s a long story that will have to wait, we were just on our way out.”

“How do you know each other?” Brian asked confused.

“I’ll explain in the car. Come on!” she grabbed his arm and led him out the door.

In the car ride to the ballet studio Stormy told Brian the story of how she met Riley.

“Try not to get mad ok?” she said

“Nope not gonna get mad” he assured her.

“I was dancing at a private party at one of the frat houses at her college. I hated private parties, but they paid well so I did it. At the end of the night, I wasn’t really feeling well, I drank quite a bit so I walked slowly to the bus stop so that I didn’t fall and when I got there, I had already missed the last bus. I must have sat on the bench at the bus stop for a half hour or so when she walked up and asked if I needed a place to stay. She let me crash in her dorm that night and I ended up staying for a few days until I found that dump that you had the pleasure of visiting.”

“Well, she sounds like good people” he said

“She is, I just know you will love her.”

He took her hand in his while he drove. “It’s nice to see a smile on your face again”

She squeezed his hand when the pulled up to the studio. He laughed; it was good to see her so excited and this gave him an idea for the fourth room in his apartment.

She jumped out of the car as soon as he parked and ran around to the driver’s side. After sticking her head through his window, she kissed Brian on the lips. “Pick me up at 10!”

“10 it is!” he smiled and watched her run inside.

When she came back out at 10 pm he was standing in front of the car waiting for her. She smiled as soon as she saw him.

“Guess what?” she said.

“Ummm you love me?”

“Besides that!”

“Ummm you love me even more than you did a minute ago?”

“Brian!”

“I don’t know, tell me” he said

“I’m going to be in a recital and I have the lead!”

He lifted her up and swung her around. “That’s awesome, Stormy”
“Will you come? Please?”

“Are you kidding? Wild horses couldn’t drag me away”

She kissed him and he walked her around to the passenger side of the car and opened the door for her so she could get in.

--
Later that night

“Daddy” Jonnie said as Riley lifted her out of the crib.

“Your daddy is sleeping” she said

“Daddy” she giggled

“Shhh you’re going to wake him up”

“Daddy!” she said and pointed her finger. Riley turned to see what she was pointing at and sure enough it was her daddy.

“Well, so it is” she said and walked the baby over to Johnny.

“What are you doing up little one?” he asked taking her from Riley.

She put her hand over her mouth and blew him a kiss “No blow kisses, it’s bed time” he said.

“No!” she whined.

“Yes” he poked her belly and she started to giggle. Johnny yawned and Riley took the baby out of his arms.

“You look pretty tired, I’ll stay til she falls back to sleep.”

He nodded and walked out of Jonnie’s nursery and watched from outside the door as Riley sat with her in the rocking chair trying to rock her back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Big surprise in next chapter, i'll try and get it up tonight, but Mibba is giving me problems.