Status: Complete! Prequel is And All Things Will End and Sequel is Shattered By Broken Dreams

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 4

I lay on the silk sheets listening to the sounds that came from the piano. This was my favorite thing. Watching him sit there and play with only a sheet wrapped around him, a cigarette dangling from his mouth and of course a hat. He was a sight to behold.
I’d made his life a living hell at one point and I guess it’s safe to say, I pretty much owe him my own. I’d learned so much from him in the time that we spent together, which was nearly every minute since the night he asked me to stay.

Every now and then the guilt would creep up on me. He refused to let me go back to work and insisted that I let him provide for me. That was hard for me to deal with, I had worked since I was 17 and when ever I needed something, all I had to do was take my clothes off and I got it. Now, I don’t even have to ask or want. He gives me everything I could ever need and never asks for anything in return. I feel bad just living off of him like this and every time I bring up getting a job, he gets angry and refuses to talk about it.

I love a strong, confident man and that is exactly what he is. A little too dominant for my taste sometimes, but I’m working on that. He’s not easy to break, but he never lets an argument turn into a full-blown fight and when we do argue, it’s forgotten five minutes later. I can’t imagine how many girls would love to be in my position right now.

I can’t take this anymore; I want to be closer to him. After getting up off the bed, I didn’t even bother to cover myself with a sheet. I walked over to the piano completely naked and stood beside him tracing the tattoos on his arms while he played. When he stopped playing. I climbed onto his lap and straddled him. I never got the chance to kiss him before he reached for me and kissed me first. I took the hat off of his head and put it on my own earning a growl from him just before he attacked my neck with his lips.

In the two years that we had been together, there was only one thing that I just couldn’t figure out. Not once in the last two years has he said the words “I love you” to me. I can’t help but wonder if it’s because he is in love with someone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok..Ready?