I don't need you

Your only sorry you got caught.

Your probably thinking what the hell happened after Joe kissed me last night, well nothing. I said it would be a good idea if he left and he did, I don't know if he was confused, angry, relieved and if I'm honest I don't really care. You might think that's a bit mean but you have to remember that it's all a lie. He didn't kiss me because he wanted to, or because he actually like me. He kissed me because he had to, he needs me to fall for him and what better way to do it then by making my lips tingle- wait that came out wrong, pretend I never said that.

So here's what's going on, Joe did keep his promise and stay with me, up until 5 minutes ago anyway when Ryan pulled him away because he needs to 'ask Joe something.' Obviously that means they're gonna talk about the bet, meaning I've followed them and eaves dropping on the conversation.
"You kissed her, how the fuck did you manage that?!" Ryan gasped from the other side of the door
"Well after a week of flirting and almost kissing her I just went for it last night and it worked."
"It doesn't count if she pushed you away."
"She didn't, which is making me think that I might actually be able to do this- I do have a question though, what actually makes me win. Does she have to be my date for prom, does she have to initiate a kiss."
"The only way to tell if she has actually fallen for you is for her to actually say it."
"So she has to tell me she's fallen for me, that's it?"
"That's it."
"Well I-"
"Erica?" a sudden voice said from behind me, looking back I stared at the guy standing there with a drink in his hand.
"I'm sorry do I know-"
"Oh sorry, I'm Calvin. We've never really been introduced." he stuck his hand out and I took it graciously
"Hi, nice to meet you." I smiled weakly before ending the hand shake
"Can I get you a drink?"
"Er- sure" I nodded following him even though I really want to hear the rest of the conversation between Joe and Ryan
"So what were you doing with your ear against a door?" Calvin asked as he guided me through the crowd of people grinding themselves against each other
"I was- well I was eaves dropping."
"At least your honest." he laughed "You came with Joe right?"
"Yea you could say that."
"So are you guys together or-"
"No, me and Joe aren't an item."
"I have to admit, I'm relieved." he smiled handing me a bottle of beer
"I'm curious, we've never been introduced yet you know me." I said before taking a drink
"I've seen you around and I saw you on your own so plucked up the courage to talk to you." he shrugged
"You don't really seem like a person who would be nervous to talk to a girl."
"I'm not normally, but I guess that's what a pretty girl like you can do to me."
"Smooth."
"I try" he laughed then took another swig from his bottle "It's a little noisy in here, do you wanna go outside?"
"Sure." I nodded

I'm not crazy ok, this guy is cute and he's talking to me. You know you'd do the same.
Following Calvin outside I'm not going to look around just incase I see Joe, or he sees me.
Directing me to the garden bench I sat down next to him still clutching onto my drink.
"So, how do you know Ryan's brother?" I asked taking a swig from my bottle
"I don't, I'm in Ryan's class and he invited me."
"Is it me or are the majority of people here Ryan's friends, rather then his brother's."
"You know I think your right" Calvin paused "Are you ok? you look cold"
"Just a little chilly, i'll be fine." I said a small shiver taking over my body
"Here, take my jacket." putting his drink down Calvin took off his jacket and placed it over my shoulders
"Thanks" I smiled, he smiled back at me letting out a sigh "What?" I asked nervously
"Never mind, your gonna think it's stupid."
"Go on..... Please"
"Well, I- I was about to kiss you."
"I don't think that's stupid." shaking my head I looked down at my drink my finger tracing the outline of the label
"Really? I'm shocked, I mean we only met like 5 minutes ago."
"Well let's just say it's refreshing to meet someone who's honest from the start." I said finishing off my drink.
Taking the bottle from my hand Calvin placed it on the ground, he slid closer to me placing his hand on the back of my neck pulling me in for a kiss. Pressing my lips against his I'm actually kissing him back, unlike my kiss with Joe which made me practically paralyzed.
As his hand went around my waist he suddenly pulled away from me, opening my eyes I looked in horror at the sight of Joe pulling Calvin to his feet
"Joe! What the fuck are you doing?" I screamed
"Erica get inside!" Joe shouted at me
"No!"
"Go inside" he demanded again
"Why? So you can beat the shit out of him!"
"I'm trying to help you!" he lowered his voice, only slightly thought. He's obviously trying to take control.
"From what?!" I shouted
"From him! You don't even know this guy-"
"For the millionth time Joe I don't need your help!" Glancing at Calvin he pulled himself out of Joe's grip
"I'm gonna leave you two to fight this out, Erica I'll see Monday. Lunch?" Before he could walk away Joe grabbed him again pulling him back
"No, your gonna stay the hell away from her." He threatened before I could answer.

I can't believe he's actually doing this, he tells me to socialize and when I do he freaks out. So I kissed I guy I just met, so what. It's not like Joe's mr perfect, I can't even be near him right now, I have to leave- I have to leave right now.
Storming off inside and pushing past anyone in my way, I finally got to the front door rushing outside.
I can't believe that asshole thinks he can do that, when did it become a crime for me to kiss another guy. Does he think that just-
"Erica wait!!" I quickly looked back at Joe as he ran to catch up with me
"Leave me alone Joe!" I shouted while continuing to walk away but he quickly spun me back round to face him
"Will you just listen-"
"No you listen! You keep telling me that I have to make friends and socialize with people, and the one person I talk to on my own, you go and threaten him."
"He was taking advantage of you." Joe argued as I pushed his hands off me
"So what! I was giving him the advantage, it was just a kiss I had it under control and it has nothing to do with you!"
"It has everything to do with me!" He suddenly shouted
"Why? Because you're looking out for me? You're not my protecter Joe, how many times do I have to tell that I don't need you to save me?!" I paused to take a breath, he's making me so angry I'm not even stopping to think, I'm just saying the first thing that comes to mind.
"If it wasn't for me god knows what would have happened."
"If it wasn't for you none of this would have happened!"
"I'm just trying to help you for christ sake! I'm trying to make your life better."
"No your not! Your trying to win a bet with your friends!"
Continuing to glare at Joe his face turning to that of shock, he just stared back at me in silence. I shook my head a little taking my gaze off him for a second before looking back at him again "That's right..... I know about your little bet." my voice cracked as I try and keep myself from crying
"Ho-How did-"
"How did I find out? I overheard you and Ryan a while ago. At the bowling alley in fact, maybe you remember that little conversation."
"Erica you don't-"
"Save it! I don't give a shit." I angrily snapped my voice growing louder again "You lied to me, you manipulated me and you've been trying to make me fall in love with you."
"Erica I'm sorry"
"No, your only sorry you got caught."
Joe tipped his head back and sighed, looking at me again he shrugged his shoulders "You know what, your right. I'm not sorry for what I did. I'm not sorry because if I hadn't of done it I never would have met you, and got to spend so much time getting to know how amazing you are."

He's unbelievable, is he really going to keep coming out with all this crap.
"Do you really think that you can just say that and I'll forgive you, that I'd forget everything you've done. Joe I would rather go back in time and relive my dad's death if it meant I could stop myself from ever meeting you."
"You don't mean that." he muttered
"Joe I'm going back to your house, packing my stuff and going home." I said stepping back
"Your moving back in with you stepdad? You can't do that!" Joe argued trying to stop me
"Why would I want to be in the same house as you? You make me sick, you physically repulse me." I shouted my hands somehow ending up on my stomach.
"What about all that time we spent with each other, we had fun together. You can say you hate me all you want but you know you had fun with me; and what about our kiss?"
I pushed my hair back in frustration "I was playing you! Don't you get it yet? It's called acting Joe. You pretended to be my friend and I pretended to like you."

Walking away from him I held back the tears that my anger was forcing to surface. I stopped suddenly when Joe cut in front of me, grabbing onto my arms "Get off me!" I shouted trying to struggle out of his grip
"Not until you let me explain." he said his grip tightening
"Explain what? What else could you possible have to say to me that would make me change my mind?"
Joe suddenly pulled me forward, forcing his lips on mine, pushing him away I ran my hand over my mouth
"I mean it Joe, stay away from me." I muttered pushing passed him and running away.
♠ ♠ ♠
The truths out, but don't worry it's not the end...... there's plenty left to happen. =]