Status: EEEPPP EMMIE AND MADDIE

The Job, the Love, the Drama

12- Korinne's POV

“What are you doing here Mom?” Li asked putting her bag on the island.

I stopped at the door when I heard Mom. Why was she here? Was her goal in life to make anybody around her miserable?

I had only wanted to have dinner in peace with my friends, my sister and my boyfriend which nobody knows about. Now my Mom was here. Way to spice things up tonight.

“Am I not allowed to visit my favorite daughters?” She asked.

I had to keep reminding myself that my mother wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed with the mother category.

“Mom you could have given us some warning you were coming.” I said looking at her French manicure on the glass. When ever she did that it made me want to snap all ten of those nails off, fake or not.

“Why? Something you need to hide from me?” She asked in her I’m a hurt bitch voice.

You may say Korinne this is your mother. Honestly I don’t give a damn and I haven’t for a while. But there is something she does that puts me in a certain state of mind which I cannot describe.

“No mom so we could just get a room ready,” Li said butting in.

“I’m staying at a hotel,”

Thank- god. I don’t know how I ever made 18 years of living with her.

“Okay, well we are going out to dinner tonight with the cast,” Li said calmly.

“Then I will wait for you to get ready,” She smiled.

I sighed and rolled my eyes as I went into my room.

To night obviously wasn’t going to be a plain old dinner. It made my breath shorten a little bit with the thought of the possible outcomes of later on.

Li came into my room.

“She is going to make everyone hate us!” I whispered.

“Everyone or Kellan?”

I pretended not to hear her and shut the bathroom door. I never thought of that.

My own mother was one of the reasons I didn’t want anybody to know we were together. Normally you would want to tell your mom stuff like this. But trust me Janet Rose Cole was no mother.

~#~

We had gotten to the lobby and everybody was there. I was still thinking of one of the ways the night would go to shit.

“Oh Hello Katherine!” My mother said and Katherine smiled at her

“Guys this is our mom… Janet,” Li said and everyone said hi or smiled.

They wouldn’t smile for long.

“Are you ok? You look paler than you do with make-up and your breathing is short.” Kellan asked concerned.

I shook my head like I was hyperventilating. “It’s my mom.” I said plain and simple.

“What?”

“Long story.” I muttered as we all began to walk out.

But no night would be a night without those people called paparazzi.

“Ms. Cole are you enjoying time with your daughter?!” Someone called.

Where was a paper bag when I needed it? This was that feeling she gave me. it was almost as if she held my air supply in those fake French manicured hands. And she was just waiting to puncture that bag.

KELLAN
What is wrong with your mom?
ME
Long story short, she’s a conniving bitch I hate to have as a mother.
KELLAN
Hostile?
ME
Not at all.

“I’m Janet Cole, I think we did an interview with you when you were that dead boy in that wizard movie,” I saw Mom shake Rob’s hand in front of Li as if she were the equivalent to air.

I got a mortified look on my face. It would be the first of many.

“I did, and yes dead boy from the wizard mov-“ But she cut him off.

Please not tonight. I mentally prayed.

KELLAN
Your mom is a character.
ME
He he Hell.

“Aren’t you the fish boy from that movie, we did an interview.” She smiled to Taylor

“Yep,“ He said obviously annoyed.

Taylor could see what type of person my mom was. Taylor also had a short fuse at time that would be lit in a heart beat. Then another scenario played in my head.

When we had gotten to the restaurant the cast and the bitch sat at a long table.

I wanted to stay as quiet as I could. And on top of that we had wine so that would help a little bit.

“So I need to schedule an interview with you,” My mom said to Taylor

“I’ll pass,” Taylor said and we all looked at him.

“Why you’re in every teen girl’s heart… like my Lilah,” My mom said with a poisons smile.

“Well your show just wants in on our lives,” He defended

“It keeps America entertained and you people famous,” She said raising her eyebrows and tapping.
I did nothing put down my wine.

“Don’t you think you should slow down a little bit?” Kellan asked.

“Nope. If you were me you’d probably do the same.”

I was taking full advantage of being 21, seeing as to how I rarely drunk at all.

“What if someone went in your life and pulled out your personal stuff?” Taylor asked and everyone was silent while I went through my second glass.

“I have nothing personal,” My mom said.

Li choked on her water and I bit my lip.

If I could I would have screamed out bullshit. I felt the last bit (if any) color drain from my face.

“Excuse me Lilah?” She asked.

“Nothing,” Li said.

I wanted somebody to blow up and hopefully put my mom in her place.

“Tell me Lilah, no one chokes like that in public.”

“Mom leave it.” I said quickly.

“This does not include you Korinne, I was talking to your sister,” My mom didn’t break he glance with Li.

“Mom, stop.” Li said.

“Don’t you dare tell me anything like that you little ungrateful bitch,” My mom said venomously.

My eyes widened and I took Kellan’s hand under the table.

“Don’t speak to her that way, she did nothing to you,” Taylor said.

Fuse lit.

“Excuse me I know my daughter and she’s just fooling you all,” My mom said and Li got up and ran out of the side entrance the restaurant. Taylor went behind her.

“Mom that was not right.” I said looking at the table.

“Well he started it. You know I always said Lilah should be like Korinne.” My mom shook her head and sipped her wine.

She had just blamed a fight on an 18 and 19 year old. Very adult.

“Stop it.” I grumbled getting pissed off squeezing Kellan’s hand a little more.

“Sweetie you know it’s true.” She said. “So Luke told me you two broke up?”

I wanted this to all be fake. The only bad part was that it wasn’t. She was here in the flesh.

“Yes.” I said in a low voice.

I saw Kellan tense up a little bit. And the rest of the cast suppress worried looks.

“Why? Actually don’t answer that, because I think I know who at this table stole your heart.”

The three things on my mind:
I need a paper bag
Shit
She needs to go home.

“What?” I asked.

“Oh don’t play any games Korinne, I’m sure everyone could see how you have eyes for Jackson.”

My eyes widened. This had to end.

“Well ok, I’m stuffed.” I said getting up.

Everyone either said, same here, or yeah let’s call it a night.

~#~

“I see what you mean.” Kellan said when he walked me to my apartment.

I checked my phone and Li said she would be home tomorrow.

“Told you.” I muttered opening the door.

“Korinne what happens to you when you get around her? It’s like you become helpless. And you are far from helpless.”

“I don’t know what happens. It’s like she holds my soul in her hands and she take cheap shots at Li and I don’t know what to do.” I said finally hyperventilating.

I had gotten up and gotten a paper bag from the cabinet and breathed in and out into the bag.

“Why does she do this?” I asked in the bag.

“Who knows?” He said rubbing my back.

I finally had gotten my breath back and I sat down.

“Do you really have eyes for Jackson?” He asked breaking a 30 second silence.

“Yes I do.” I said sarcastically looking up at him.

“Aww.” He said bending down to kiss me.

How was Kellan able to make me better after having some shitty aspect of my life intervene and make me panic?

Our kiss was interrupted with a knock at the door.

“Yes?” I sighed seeing my mom.

“Where is your sister?” She asked.

“I don’t know.” I lied in the same annoyed tone.

“Is she at Tyler’s house?”

“No she is not at Taylor house.” I corrected.

“Then where is she?” she asked again.

“I told you I don’t know.” I said as she looked in the hall. She huffed and went to the elevator.

“Hey Robert do you mind telling me Taylor’s apartment number I just wanted to apologize.” She lied.

“Uh it’s on the next floor down I think it’s 18.”

“Shit.” I muttered following her to the elevator with Kellan trailing behind.

“Thanks Rob.” I said.

“What?” He asked clueless as to how much hell was getting ready to break loose.

I knew that I would be faster on the stairs to I just went there.

“LILAH MARIE SNYDER GET OUT!” My mom screamed

“STOP MOM!” I yelled just coming to the door.

And to think the night wasn’t over.