Status: Finished (:

Another Night, Another Score

When A Heart Breaks, No It Don't Break Even.

Dani

I took a deep breath and walked into the rehab center. I went up to the front desk where Olivia was sitting and typing things into her computer.

"Hi. I'm here for my 3:00 appointment with Dr. Tom Barnes" I told her.

"Oh yes, he'll just be a couple more minutes. He's with another client, take a seat" she smiled, however I could tell it was as fake as her boobs were. I nodded, and went over to a chair. She was probably disgusted with me, I mean how can someone as young as me get addicted? Was she wondering what pushed me to become what am I am now? Oh god what would my mother think? I knew then that coming here today was the right thing to do, I now know that having my father find out about my little drink after I fell asleep was a good thing in the end, I know now that having Jasper 'tell on me' to my father is only for the best, for me. Just then two boys down each others throats overcame the silence.

"Jack! Please! Just give me a few more days!" one screamed. Two very familiar boys, that is. Jack Barakat and Alex Gaskarth.

"Alex, you need this. You need to get better. We only have a month left before we have to get back on tour. We are not telling the public about your drinking problem and postponing the tour. We can't do that to our fans!" Jack exclaimed, dragging Alex in.

"Let go of me Jack!"

"You need to do this Alex!"

Jack threw Alex into a chair, and made his way over to the front desk, Alex sat in the chair uncomfortably, irritated to say the least.

Alex looked at me, I could feel his eyes scanning my body, looking up and down.

"Alex!" Jack screamed at Alex, snapping his fingers right in front of Alex's face.

"Were you even listening to me?!"

"Nope." ALex said popping the p.

"Ms. Danielle Robinson? Dr. Barnes is ready to see you" a lady called. I got up and grabbed my things, quickly getting away hoping no one saw my flushed face.

"Dude, did you see that chick, she was hot!" I heard Alex whisper loudly to Jack.

I guess he was expecting Jack to say something back, perhaps agreeing with him, instead Jack smacked him on the back of the head.

"OWW! JACK! Why did you do that?!"

"Please just wait here Dr. Tom Barnes will be here shortly." The nurse said curtly.

"Okay, thank you." I relied.

"YOUR NOT LIST-"

And the door closed behind me, as the nurse went back to the front lobby.

Alex

"This is bullcrap" I told Jack as he took a seat beside me.

"This is getting you back on track so our band can go on tour, trust me Alex. You'll like being sober again. We miss the old Gaskarth" he replied.

"Ha, whatever"

"Would you stop being such a princess and suck it up Alex?" he scolded me. He handed a clipboard with a paper on it to me, and a pen. I looked at it, then back at Jack angrily. I looked back at the clipboard and started writing.

"Fuck this shit" I mumbled under my breath.

As soon as I was finished, I handed the clipboard and pen to Olivia.

"Thank you Mr. Gaskarth, we hope to see you soon" she smiled. "Now-"

Before she could finish her sentence, I walked away, Jack saw me, and pushed me back.

"Alex, stop acting like you're 5, and just go through with this! You need this Alex. Not just for the band, but for the fun, witty guy who used to be Alexander William Gaskarth" he told me. He pushed me to the desk.

"I'm apologize for my friends rude behaviour. Will Dr. Barnes be able to see him around noon tomorrow?" Jack asked politely.

"Let me check on that for you" she replied, typing a few things into the computer. She looked over the screen and smiled at Jack.

"Noon is free. See you tomorrow Alex, and possibly Jack" she teased. I rolled my eye, and released myself from Jack's grip.

"Let's go" I mumbled. Jack scoffed, and followed me out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!
Feedback is appreciated. : )
-Kennedy

Title Credit: The Script- Breakeven