Utopia

Escape

Willa considered her options. She didn't have many. She could either wait till the dead of night and try to deal with the situation or she could do it now. While waiting till night would give them darkness, it would also mean that her uncle would be back and while he might have raised a witch, he still saw all Necro Half-Breeds as unstable, dangerous, and evil. She couldn't let anything happen to this boy. She chewed on her lip. If she was going to act now, she had to act fast before the boys came back. "I need you to trust me," she whispered. "I might be able to get the seal off of you if nothing else before they come back. It'll hurt though and I'm sorry for that, but...I can't let them hurt you."

He was watching her with a curious look on his face as if he wasn't sure what to say or what to do. She listened for a moment and didn't hear any footsteps. Though even if she did hear footsteps, it could have been from one of the other tenants of the building. As long as it wasn't the boys or her uncle. If it was Aunt Diane...well...she might actually help them. But it was better not to wait and risk anything. "Where is the seal?" she asked.

The boy considered for a moment before tilting his head foreword. "The back of my neck." She moved aside his hair, careful not to touch the seal. She didn't want to cause him any pain if she could stop it thought she had a feeling that, knowing the boys, they had probably put a seal that would require pain from someone to get rid of the thing. And from the look of the intricate scroll work along the back of his neck, it looked like it was going to hurt both of them.

"I know how to get this off, but...I have to cut you," she felt him flinch. "I'm sorry. I'll use a spell and I'll try to make it as painless as possible," she promised quickly. She listened one more time. Still no footsteps. She whispered the spell softly and a small cut opened above the seal on the back of his neck. She wonder if he felt it. She was glad for once that her nails were short as she repeated the spell on herself and opened a small cut on the top of her index finger and began to work a small symbol in their blood. She could feel him shaking under her and she felt terrible, but when it was done, the seal was gone. She managed to pull the rope holding his arms up in the air down before she looked down at him and flinched. "You bit through your lip."

He gave her a half-hearted smile. "Better than screaming." She wanted to cry when she heard that. She could cry later though. For now, she had to get him out as quickly as possible. She started working at the ropes on his legs, determined to untie him. The knot was tricky, but unfortunately for the boys, her uncle had taught her survival when she was younger. Though with her hands shaking it seemed to take her twice as long to undo it as it normally should have. "Willa," he whispered.

Her head shot up looking at him and then at the door. One of her uncle's favorite swear words slipped out. "It might be one of the boys, we have to get you out now," she said placing his still bound hands over her neck and helping him stand up. One of her hands gently rested on his arm while the other helped to balance them as he leaned on her.

The door banged open and Richard stared at her in shock. "Will, what the hell are you doing."

"I'm sorry Rich," she said.

She could feel the boy look back. "Willa, I need you to trust me," he whispered. She nodded once still looking up at Richard. The next moment she felt herself being pulled back and then through a portal. She felt cold and as if life was draining out of her one moment and then the next they hit solid ground and both of them fell to their knees.

A dark haired man loomed over them. "What the hell do you think you're doing bringing a witch here Gibson?" the man snarled. Willa was too weak to care. She closed her eyes and rested her head against the boy's chest. The rest could worry about itself later.
♠ ♠ ♠
O.O And what will happen next?! We're glad to see that people are interested in this!

Comments? Subscriptions? BOTH?!