Dead in the Water

Here's The Setting...

(Amanda's POV)
"So, I see you didn't stake her." Martin said as he walked into my room.

"Martin!" I said laughing.

"Well, I would hate to see what you would do to me if I ever hurt you." He laughed as he approached my bed.

"That is impossible because you would never hurt me." I said trying to get up.

"Hey, shouldn't you stay in bed?" Martin asked.

"I am fine. I just want to stare out the window for a change. I get to go home tomorrow." I said smiling as I tried to get up again out of bed.

"Whoa!" I said falling into Martin as my knees gave out again. "Ok, maybe I did need your help after all." I said gazing into his worried eyes.

"Is everything alright?" Pete said as he knocked on my door.

"Pete, come on in." I said pulling away from Martin and trying to steady myself.

"I see that you are up." He smiled as he brought me flowers.

"Are those for me?" I asked staring at Martin.

"What?" He mouthed as I was trying to imply that he should have gotten me flowers.

"Of course these are for you." He said walking over to me and hugging me as I stood in the middle of the room.

"These are beautiful." I said. "How did you know that carnations are my favorite?" I asked.

"Erelin told me." He laughed.

"I take it that you two need to talk. I think I am going to go pay Sisky a visit." Martin replied.

"Martin, don't start any trouble. I already had my say." I said scolding him.

"Hey, would I do that?" He said giving a mischievous grin at which I rolled my eyes at.

"Sisky is working tonight? Maybe I should go see him too." Pete said as his mood suddenly changed.

"Peter Wentz you shall do nothing of the sorts." I said giving him a stern warning. "I know you are pissed at him and at my sister but let it be." I said.

"How can you act so calm. Sisky made you so upset that you ended up here and thanks to Frank's problem of Gerard at that." Pete said worried about me.

"I am fine, Pete." I said sitting back down on my bed. Pete sat beside me.

"I always new you were special." Pete said leaning in closer to me.

"Pete, I am just the reasonable sister is all." I said.

"How come we never fell for each other?" He said kissing me.