Dead in the Water

Only Friends

(Amanda's POV)
"Pete, snap out of it!" I said pushing him away.

"Amanda, I am so sorry." He said realizing he hurt me.

"I am sorry for what my sister has done to you, but I am not her and nor would I want to be a replacement, Pete. I have already been through that." I said.

"Amanda, I am sorry. I miss Elissa. I am so mad at her and yet, I don't know. I still love her." Pete said. "I don't know what came over me." He said looking away from me.

"Hey, it is ok. You just got caught up in a moment. I am with Martin and he is a great guy. I care about you, Pete, just not in a relationship way." I said grabbing his hand and making him look at me.

"I don't know if I can look her in the eye after what she did." Pete said.

"Don't take this the wrong way, because I am not on her side, but I know she really does love you, Pete. Elissa just sometimes screws up and this time she hurt not only me but you in the process. I think that you two need to talk. You two belong together. I am not excusing her behavior but she bonded with Sisky over grief. It is something that can happen and I hate that it did." I said sighing.

"You won't tell Martin about my kiss will you?" Pete asked half grinning.

"No." I said laughing. "I have to say though, that you are an excellent kisser." I said grinning.

"I won't tell Martin you said that." He said laughing.

"Good cause I would have to hurt you if you did." I laughed.

"If this happened with Sisky, I have to ask you something though, Amanda." Pete said changing the subject back.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Elissa told me her history with Micah. I know you had a history with him and what he did to you. What if he showed up tonight and found her. Would I lose her to him?" Pete asked worried.

"I would like to say that she would choose you. Pete, she made one mistake. A huge one but I don't think she feels that way towards Micah anymore. The only way you are going to know anything is to talk to Elissa and find out how she really feels. You both have told me that you both felt a connection with each other. Don't let break it. Also, don't forget we need to protect her from Ian." I explained.

"You know what, you are right. In spite of everything I need to focus on protecting her from Ian. I promised her I would protect her and keep her safe." Pete said.

"There you go." I smiled giving him a hug. "I so cannot wait to get out of here tomorrow." I said.

"Me either." He smiled.

"Can I come back in?" Martin asked peeking his head in my room.

"He loves to worry about me." I smiled nodding my head at him.

"I don't know where Frank and Nonnie went. Chrissy and Andy are in the waiting room with Erelin and Brendon along with Joe and Bev. Sisky on the other hand must be taking a break. It figures." Martin said shrugging his shoulders to which I busted out laughing at.

"Guys, Frank and Nonnie have disappeared!" Erelin said busting in my room with Brendon behind.

"Brendon?" Pete said baring his fangs.

"Amanda?" Brendon asked.

"Easy there, Pete." I said holding him back.

"What is he doing here?" Pete asked.

"He is a friend. I can explain later. Sorry Brendon, I didn't have time to tell him but Pete we have more important things to worry about right now. I specifically told them not to go out looking for Gerard." I said getting up out of bed.

"Amanda!" Pete and Martin yelled catching me as I collapsed.