Dead in the Water

Ex Friends Reunite

(Amanda's POV)

"I'm fine." I said waking up in Martin's arms.

"Here." He said placing me back on the bed. I knew why I collapsed and so did Martin.

"I'm fine, Martin." I reiterated to make sure he didn't try to keep me here longer than I wanted to be in the hospital.

"Amanda, what happened?" Erelin asked confused.

"Oh, you know, my body is still just a bit woozy I guess." I said lying with a concerned Pete staring straight at me.

"Really, I am fine, everyone." I said as Pete poured me a glass of water.

"Thanks." I said taking some sips out of my glass.

"Now back to him." Pete said flashing his fangs again but not leaving my bedside because he knew what I would do and he didn't want me collapsing again.

"Pete, hear Brendon out before I knock you out." I said laughing a bit.

"Fine." He said looking around at everyone and then slowly retracting his fangs as I let go of his arm I had grabbed to hold him back.

Brendon told his side of the story and Pete listened. Then he got up off the bed and Erelin jumped in front of Pete to stop him if he tried to attack Brendon. Instead, he just looked at Brendon and started yelling out questions at him to which Brendon answered everyone.

"You don't understand how betrayed I feel. I hear everything you tell me but it is so hard for me to accept everything." Pete said staring at Brendon.

"I understand if you can never forgive me." Brendon replied.

Pete looked at me and then back at Brendon. He stuck out his hand to a shocked Brendon. Brendon, then in turn got up cautiously and shook Pete's hand.

"I still aren't exactly totally trusting you yet. Don't make me regret this." Pete said.

"Pete, you dumbass, you made me forget that Nonnie and Frank went out to find Gerard!" I said trying to get up out of bed again. This time I succeeded and went to the closet to grab my clothes.

"Amanda, where do you think you are going?" Martin asked.

"I don't care. I have to find them. I can track Gerard." I replied.

"No, you are staying in this bed. I will go with Erelin, Pete, and Brendon." Martin said. "Chrissy, Joe, Andy, and Bev can keep you company." He added as everyone headed to the door.

"No. Take them too. I will be fine here. I mean I will be worrying but the more the merrier in finding them." I said as everyone left.

I really hated being cooped up in this hospital. Oh, if Frank and Nonnie are found safe and sound, they certainly will be getting an earful from me. I sat back in my bed and sighed. I did need someone here. Maybe it was time for me to be truthful with myself and stop being so stubborn and accept my fate.

I picked up the phone in my room and dialed the operator. I asked her to connect me to the morgue. Right now of all things I really did need someone to talk to and it just happens to be my ex, Sisky.