Dead in the Water

Such A Beautiful Voice

(Nonnie's POV)
As we made our way into the hospital, the other’s caught up with us. Joe was fussing at both me and Frank. I would have fussed back but I couldn’t. I didn’t have it in me. Frank was carrying me and I could feel him starting to get tense. Joe was stomping on his last nerve.

“Joe, she’s not doing so well. I get it we shouldn’t have gone out there alone, but I really don’t have the time to deal with you right now.” Frank snapped.

“Amanda’s not here.” Martin said stopping dead in his tracks. “I think she just left. I’m going to go try and catch her.” He said taking off. Erelin, Brendon and Pete followed him. They were all worried about her and so was I. She was still supposed to be in the hospital. I know she’s the slayer and all but still she should have listened to the doctor.

“Doctor my fiancée…” Did Frank just call me his fiancée? “She’s lost a lot of blood and…” He laid me down on the stretcher.

“We’ll take it from here son.” the doctor said.

“Frank.” I said reaching out for his hand. I didn’t want to be away from him.

“I can’t let you come back with her, but as soon as we have her…”

“Look I’m awake and I’m alert. I just need him to stay with me.” I said squeezing Frank’s hand.

“Not yet, I promise everything is going to be okay,” The doctor said. “This shouldn’t take long.” They wheeled me back through some doors and I watched them close with Frank on the other side. They did a quick exam and then decided that my worst injury was a cut above my eye. They said I had lost a lot a blood but a blood transfusion wouldn’t be necessary; that my body just needed rest and fluids.

“We’re just going to give you this sedative…”

“No, I can’t go to sleep. I…”

“Don’t worry its just…”

“No!” I said grabbing at the needle he was about to plunge into my arm. “I don’t want to go to sleep. Don’t put me to…” he started calling for nurses to hold me down. I struggled as best I could trying to stop them. I watched as he stuck the IV with the needle and pushed the plunger forcing the unknown sedative into the tube. “Frank!” I called. “Frank!”

“I’ll get him for you.” a nurse said. The sedative was already in my system. I watched it as it went through the IV and into my arm. Frank came bursting into the room.

“What’s wrong?” he said taking my hand.

“They are making me go to sleep. Gerard is…He was in my dream.” he just looked at me for a moment.

“Just try and remember that its just a dream and no matter how real it seems he can’t hurt you.” he brushed the hair from my face. “I can’t do anything for you until you get better, so you have to be brave and do what the doctor says.” he leaned in and kissed me.

“Lay with me.” he just climbed into the bed next to me wrapping his arms around me and laying his head on my shoulder. I was still fighting the sleep and I thought I was winning until I realized that I wasn’t in the hospital room anymore.

I looked around me. I was lying in a canopy bed with sheer black fabric draped over the sides of the canopy. I looked down to see that I was only wearing a lacy black bra and boy shorts to match.

“I’ve waited a long time for you.” Gerard said as he seemed to come out of nowhere. He stood at the bottom of the bed in just a pair of black jeans. His pale skin seemed to glow in the moonlight. He started crawling up the bed. “I know you’ve thought about it before. What it would be like to make love to me.”

“That’s not true.” I said trying to get out of the bed, but every time I tried to something held me in place.

“You can’t lie to me, I know what’s going on in your head.” his said as his hand started moving up my ankle, then moved on to my calve. “Don’t fight this, we have always been meant for each other.” his hand started up my inner thigh.

Now his face was inches from mine. His other hand moved behind my neck and he pulled me into a kiss. Then he started kissing down my neck. I bit my tongue to hold in the moan.

“Let me hear you moan, you’ve always had such a beautiful voice.” he said.

Tears started streaming down my face. My body was betraying me. I only wanted Frank and here I was letting Gerard touch me. Making me feel things I didn’t want to.

“Please.” I whimpered. “If there’s any of my Gerard left…”

“I’m all of your Gerard.” he whispered across my lips. “Just as you are all mine. You just don’t know it yet.”

“No,” I said hoping that someone would wake me up. His touch felt too real. Finally I gave in and I just gave up.

“That’s my girl,” he said kissing me once again.

I closed my eyes. “Come to me.” I opened my eyes and I was back in my hospital room. A thin layer of sweat was all over me. I pulled the IV out of my arm. I could only think of going to Gerard. He hadn’t even told me where he was but I started moving.

Frank was sleeping in a chair by my bed. I also saw Joe and Bev sleeping in my room to. I tried to be quiet. I knew if they woke up they would stop me. I was a little dizzy as I stood up, but grabbed the side of the bed to keep from falling over. I knocked over the table and watched as all of them jumped up.

“Nonnie? What are you doing?” Joe asked calling attention to me. I tried to think, but all I could hear in my head was Gerard’s command to come to him. So I just took off for the door. Joe moved quickly to stand in front of it, blocking my path. “Nonnie, what’s going on?”

“Joe you have to move.” I said. I could feel the tears building up behind my eyes.

“Nonnie, you need to rest.” Bev said touching my shoulder. I don’t know where the strength came from but I flipped her onto her back and then advanced on Joe.

“Joe, I really don’t want to hurt you.” I said.

“I’m the one who trained you, I think I can handle you.” Joe replied not backing down.

Before I could get to him Frank wrapped his arms around me. Lifting my feet off the ground at the same time. I started thrashing, trying to get lose. Joe helped Bev up off the ground.

“Nonnie, I know he’s in your head right now, but fight it. Stay with me.” I stopped trying to get free as some of my own thoughts started to pull through.

“Come to me!” Gerard demanded again. Clouding my mind again.

“I can’t I’m sorry,” I said to him.

“We have time.” Gerard said then he let go of his control and my whole body relaxed.

“Nonnie?” Frank asked. I tried to make it convincing and started crying.

“Frankie.” he let my feet touch the ground. He turned me around. He studied my eyes closely.

“He still has control over her.” he said. I just looked away from him. He pulled my chin to look at him. “I’m going to put her to sleep, she can’t go anywhere if she’s sleep. When she wakes up she should be back to normal and I can bite her and break the connection.”

“Won’t he just go to her in the dream?” Joe asked helping Bev to a chair.

“I know but this is the only way…” He looked into my eyes and suddenly I couldn’t look away. “I love you. Now rest. I’ll be right here,.” Frank said with those loving, concerned eyes of his. I fell forward into his arms sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok peeps you know the drill. comments are <3 and means more updates. :)