Dead in the Water

Another Shift Of Balance

(Amanda's POV)

"What's wrong?" Martin asked as we got to my car.

"I just have a bad feeling." I said looking around.

"Is it about Nonnie?" He asked realizing that I had picked up that she had been changed earlier.

"No. I tell you what. You go back with everyone else. I think I am going to slay with Erelin and Brendon." I said as they made it to their car and I handed Martin my keys.

"But..." Martin started to protest.

"I will be fine, besides who is the best vampire I know to help explain a vampire's abilities to another good vampire?" I asked smiling.

"You will be careful?" He asked worried.

"Always." I said kissing him and signaling Erelin to wait up before she drove away in a rental Brendon picked up somewhere.

"What's up?" She said inside the sport car.

"Um, where did you find this car?" I asked Brendon.

"I am renting it out. I got it a few nights ago. I am going to buy it for her soon. Doesn't she look hot in it?" He grinned.

"Uh, yeah, right." I said rolling my eyes as I stepped inside the car. Then I heard Erelin squeal with delight that her boyfriend was buying her a car.

"Now, I don't have to rely on you to drive me." She said.

"What? It isn't as if I didn't let you borrow my car." I sighed.

"I know but this is just....great!" She beamed.

"I need you to take me to where Frank used to live." I said getting back on topic.

"What is it?" Brendon asked as Erelin sped off.

"I have to find my sister. She was kidnapped remember? I just feel off. Gerard turned Nonnie but I also feel that someone else close to her has been turned as well who may be able to help us in finding Gerard and possibly my sister." I replied.

My abilities were somehow starting to advance. I was wondering how. I was feeling stronger everyday the more that I am around Martin. I also wondered if Erelin was having the same abilities as well, but I would have thought that she would have told me if she had anything different.

I am starting to know when someone close is in trouble. I can sense it and feel it. That was how I sensed Nonnie was different. I mean I felt it was another good vampire but it was her and now I may know who can lead us to Gerard. It is Mikey, Gerard's brother and best friend. Erelin and Brendon are going to be in for a shock once I tell them that he is not on our side anymore.