Dead in the Water

Long Time No See

Pete drove me to my place and dropped me off after some prodding around from Jenny and Patrick who wanted to know if I was Pete’s new girlfriend. I really did not know how to react to them because we had not had a first date yet, which was supposed to be later tonight. Moreover, I did not want to tell them, “Oh, I impulsively had sex with your friend.”

What am I doing? Am I playing with fire by seeing Pete? I almost got close to Micah once and that led me to where I am now.

I ran up to my room and picked out an outfit to wear for tonight. Then, I headed to the shower. Showers are supposed to help clear your mind but it sure did not help me because, I was left feeling so angry, and confused at myself.

I had never had sex with a guy before a first date. This was not like me. I had to have been so worried about Ian and then when Jenny mentioned about there being other girls, I guess, well, I got jealous. There is that undeniable chemistry between Pete and me though, and I have to say the sex was amazing, not that I would let it happen again any time soon however.

I hopped out of the shower and put on my black jeans and a black t-shirt that had Tinkerbelle on it. I sprayed on some perfume and headed back into the bathroom to apply my makeup and fix my hair. It had been forever since I had been on a date. Ian does not count because he made me who I am now. Somehow, I felt good inside.

I looked in the mirror and stared at my hair. I loved the redness of my hair. My eyes however were a different story. I wish I had blue eyes instead of the green. I was not the lucky one out of my family who got them. My mother had green eyes so I can’t really complain. I have come to realize that in us good vampires, our eyes stay the same color unless we get mad but in a vampire’s eyes, they become darker. That was something I must have tuned out with Ian.

I finished up and was ready to go. By the time, I looked at the clock it was almost eleven and I knew I was going to be late. That is not a way to start a first date.

I locked up and headed out. I took a cab, which saved me time but still made me ten minutes late. The driver stopped a couple buildings away because traffic was congested near the club to have gotten out there. I paid the driver and started walking.

I stopped when I saw Pete and Joe holding a redheaded girl whose face I could not make out yet. She was not a vampire but something was different about her. I approached closer and yelled, “Pete, what are you doing?”

He turned around with the girl who was fighting him and let her go. “Elissa?” He asked confused looking at me and then back at the girl. Joe did a double take as well.

“But if you are here, then who is this?” He asked as the girl stopped fighting the boys and looked up at me.

“Hello, sister, long time, no see.” The girl replied leaving me speechless and the boys wanting answers.