Dead in the Water

Sleeping Beauty

(Martin's POV)

"What happens if she doesn't wake up?" Chrissy asked as we arrived banged up at my place.

"She will." I said handing Amanda over to Andy so I could unlock the door to my place.

"Lay her down on my bed." I said to Andy as we quickly hurried in.

"Do you think the others are alright?" Andy asked as he put Amanda on the bed.

"I will stay with Amanda if you want to go back." I said.

"I will call you with news." Andy replied. "Chrissy, I want you to stay here. It will be safer here." Andy said.

"No. I am coming with you!" She said.

"Here, take these." I said throwing him some weapons. "Be careful." I replied as they left my apartment.

"Please, don't let me be too late." I said as I sat on the bed and picked Amanda up.

I let my fangs slide out. I looked at her so helpless and pale lying there. Her energy was drained today. Everytime I do this, I lose a bit of myself but I know it is what I have to do to protect Amanda and keep her healthy.

I gently bit into her neck and drank a few drops of her sweet blood. Her blood was addicting and hard for me to turn away from but what kept me stopping everytime was that she was a human life who meant everything to me. I loved her and to keep her from dying I had to give her my life. Every drop I drank, I restored her body with my own energy. Eventually, this will kill me but enable her to live. This was my secret ability as Nonnie can hear voices from far away.

From the moment I became a vampire, I knew what my purpose was and that was to find Amanda and keep her alive. I can give her my strengths without her being a vampire. I just can't tell her. It would crush her if she found out that I will be the one dying soon. I love her too much to lose her.

I let go of her neck and watched as the wound closed up nicely. Then, I collapsed on the bed waiting for her to wake up. I was worried about alot of things.

"Martin, what happened?" Amanda asked coming to.

"You passed out but I think you will be fine now." I said sitting up.

"The others? How are they?" She said shooting up in bed.

"I haven't heard from them. Andy and Chrissy went back and Elissa took off out of the cab.

"Martin, you are in trouble. I had a dream. Did you do something?" She asked making me wonder if she dreamed what I am doing to help her.

"No." I said.

"Where is Mikey?" She asked looking at me.

"I killed him. He alerted Gerard and his men into Pete's place and was trying to get to you. He was fighting with Nonnie." I said.

"Gerard is going to exact revenge. We have to go back, Martin!" She said getting up off the bed like she was refreshed.

I nodded and we took a cab back to Pete's. The place was on fire and there was no sign of the gang. And I thought Ian wanted revenge.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok non. now what? lol!