Dead in the Water

Hanging On To Save My Life

(Amanda's POV)

"No!" I screamed seeing as how everything Pete and the gang had worked so hard for was now up in flames.

"Amanda, wait!" He said holding me back. "Everyone is gone. We should try to call them." Martin replied.

I heard sirens and I knew we had to get out of here before we became suspects for arson. Gerard had to have done this. I just hope that anyone who was in this house got out alive.

"Take me somewhere." I whispered.

"Hold on to me." Martin said leading me into an alley. I grabbed him as he lifted me and jumped up to a nearby roof where we could watch the sirens grow closer and see the flames put out by the firemen.

"It's my fault. If I hadn't had passed out then none of this would have happened. I could have stopped Gerard. "I should have killed Mikey when I captured him. I should have known better." I said clinging onto Martin.

"Amanda, none of this is your fault." Martin replied pushing a strand of hair out of my eyes.

I turned around and so did Martin. Ian was laughing and standing in front of us now. We both must have felt him.

"Wow, I guess my boy loves to do some damage." Ian said clapping.

"Amanda, I want you to stay behind me." Martin growled going into vamp mode.

"No. I don't want to run from him. Let me take him." I said.

"You aren't ready yet." Martin growled at me. I was shocked.

"I didn't come here to fight. My, my, yes I want that slayer you are hiding from me back there but it can wait. I have a more pressing issue at hand. You see, my boy Gerard has seemed to have strayed from my orders. I told him not to go after that crazy chick he says he loves so much. It would only consume him and distract him from his mission." Ian said shaking his head.

"Then, why not kill him yourself?" I asked.

"And get my hands dirty?" He laughed.

"Why not? You seemed to have dirtied your hands when you turned me." Martin hissed.

I looked at Martin confused. Then I got to remembering that Martin was turned by Ian from his memories he showed me. Ian doesn't seem to remember him though.

"Out of my way boy. I have no idea what you are talking about. You are making me mad however. I didn't ask you to butt into me and the slayer's conversation did I?" Ian said lunging at Martin with a dagger.

"Martin, look out!" I yelled knocking him out of the way and getting a flesh wound from the knife.

"That is going to cost you." Martin said getting up and attacking Ian.

I sat on the roof just watching the madness that was going on. "How could you forget my face?" Martin sneered. "You are the one who turned me. Don't you remember?" Martin replied with his eyes turning dark.

"I turn many people. If I chose you, you must have had some quality that I liked. I just don't turn random people. I kill them." Ian sneered.

"You wanted me for your vampire army and I refused. Rather then kill me you turned me anyway into the monster I am now." Martin replied.

I didn't know he felt that way. He never told me he felt like a monster. I mean, I know he hated being a vampire but still.

"Ah, yes. I remember you now. Well, guess what? I will have your girl over there soon. You could have been my right hand man instead of Gerard. What a pity." Ian said grabbing Martin and throwing him almost over the roof.

"Martin!" I screamed running over to where he was hanging on by one hand.

"So, what do you say about helping me kill Gerard?" Ian laughed.