Dead in the Water

If Everyone Is Alive Then Why Can'tI Be Happy?

(Amanda's POV)

I woke up sometime around three in the afternoon. I didn't sleep well considering all the nightmares I had. They were all ones where I lost Martin. I yawned and got up from the couch.

Like an instinct I started to clean up the apartment as best as I could. I decided quickly that I was going to sell this place. Too many memories but many bad ones lingering. But first I was going to have to go out to buy some paint to cover the blood spattered walls. It was going to need a major coating.

I heard a knock on the door and walked over to it, looking out the peep hole. It was Elissa. What was she doing here. I opened the door stunned to see not only her but Pete as well. I felt odd. Why wasn't I feeling them. They were vampires, were they not?

"Well, aren't you going to let us in?" Elissa asked.

"But you are already invited." I replied confused.

"Yeah, but now we are human again." Pete answered as Elissa seemed too thrilled to hear him say that.

"What? But how?" I asked almost fainting as I saw them both standing in front of me breathing now.

"Whoa, gotta watch those legs there." Pete caught me.

"I don't know. All I do know is that after you left, everyone who was a vampire started complaining of their chest and this pain. Then I felt this heavyness and pain and went down and out. I wake up this morning and bam, I am human." Elissa explained as she sat down on my couch.

"We think it has something to do with killing Ian." Pete concluded.

"Yeah but does that mean Nonnie and Frank were too? I mean they weren't bitten by Ian." I replied.

"They were bitten by Ian but not directly. According to our theory that is. I learned that Gerard was bitten by someone in Ian's circle. Frank was bitten by Beckett who was turned by Ian. So it all makes sense." Pete explained.

"I'm not a vampire but as I took off last night, I felt this increasing pressure and tightness in my chest. It was hard to breathe for a minute. I guess it happened at the same time. How do you explain that? I mean I am still as slayer." I sighed.

"I don't know. Maybe because we are related you felt that twin thing we have. You know, I hurt, you hurt. I just don't know." Elissa said hugging me.

"So you are trying to clean up the place?" Pete changed the subject.

"Well, I'm trying but its hard." I said starting to tear up.

"Hey, we can help you out." Pete said hugging me.

"Actually, can you go buy lots of paint? I want to sell this place." I got out.

"What?" How can you sell this place? Doesn't it have..." Elissa started to say.

"It has too many bad ones. Look at this place. I had nightmares last night even. I can't get Martin out of my head and I don't think I ever will." I said crying.

"I think I am going to go get that paint." Pete said leaving me and Elissa alone.

"Shh. Everything is going to be ok. I know how much you loved him. We will get through this together." Elissa said as she held me letting me cry.