Dead in the Water

I Have Something To Tell You...

(Amanda’s POV)

“Well, that went well.” Erelin said as I went to grab a soda from the fridge.

“Eh, it could have been better. I am still a little hurt at my sister but I understand where she is coming from now. She was afraid that Ian would come after me and you.” I said.

“I think I am going to head to bed.” Erelin said yawning.

“Seriously are you ok? I know you said that you were attacked in the alley and that some vampire followed you out of the club. I could not help that Pete and Joe mistook me for Elissa and dragged me out of the club. I would never have left you alone in there.” I replied.

“I know. If I tell you something will you promise not to get mad at me?” Erelin asked as she walked into her bedroom.

“It depends.” I said laughing and walking into the hallway.

“I sort of met someone in the club.” Erelin replied.

“Was he cute?” I asked.

“Definitely and he had these eyes that just paralyzed me. He seemed so mysterious.” She said as she walked out of her room.

“Wait a minute. You didn’t talk to that vampire I told you to stay away from, did you?” I asked. Erelin gave me a shrug and walked into the kitchen.

“Erelin?” I asked.

“Ok, he saved me from a vampire that was hitting on me and wanted my blood. He started saying things to me that made me feel uncomfortable and I found an exit because I knew you told me to stay away from him. I ran outside and somehow that vampire that approached me in the club that the vampire you told me to stay away from scared off grabbed me and attacked me. That was where you guys heard me scream. Well, Brendon came to my rescue and then took off before you guys got there to me.” Erelin explained.

“Oh so his name is Brendon now is it?” I said rolling my eyes.

“He said his name was Brendon and he knew my name. He knows you are the slayer and that I am next in line.” Erelin said.

“And how would he know all this unless he was working for the enemy? I do not want to see you get hurt, Erelin. I think he is playing both sides.” I said sitting on the couch.

“Look, I don’t think he wanted to hurt me. He gave me a warning to stay away from him though but I think that is going to be a problem. He was just to gorgeous.” Erelin smiled. I shook my head at her.

“Erelin, I am serious though, if he knows who we are then we could be in serious danger.” I said.

“I don’t think he will hurt me or you. It was not like that. I did not get a bad vibe about him.” She replied.

“He hasn’t even kissed you yet and already you are under his spell.” I sighed. Erelin was silent.

“Wait a minute, you didn’t? He didn’t?” I asked surprised. “Erelin?” I called her name.

“It just happened.” Erelin replied with her eyes all a glow.

“Erelin, promise me you will not get in over your head. We do not know much about this Brendon person. I can’t lose my best friend.” I replied.

“You won’t. I am smarter than that.” She said sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn.

I smiled and snatched some of her popcorn from her. “So how was the kiss?” I asked.