Dead in the Water

The Secret

(Amanda’s POV)
“Sure. What’s up?” I asked curious to know why the girl Joe loves is asking me for help whom she just met.

“Let’s talk in my room in the quiet. I don’t want Joe to hear.” Nonnie said motioning for me to follow her to her room.

I walked in to find a simple room. The walls were painted an orange color and I noticed a lone care bear sitting on Nonnie’s double bed. There were also some pictures of her and Joe around the room on her nightstand and computer desk. She also had a huge big screen tv hanging on the wall in front of her bed.

“You have a nice room.” I said as Nonnie shut the door behind me after I walked in.

“Thanks. Joe and I share it.” She said. “You can have a seat on the bed.” She replied as she pulled out her computer chair to sit in.

“So what is on your mind?” I asked as I took a seat on the bed.

“You said you are a vampire slayer, right?” She asked.

“Yes.” I replied wondering why I was in here.

“I read stories and have seen movies about vampire slayers. I know that some things in the movies are made up and exaggerated. Vampires are too. I know that they are immune to garlic whereas a movie makes you think that they aren’t.” She said.

“Ok, but what does that have to do with me?” I asked.

“I need your help. You see things right?” Nonnie asked.

“I can but only in dreams. It is not as if I can predict the future or anything. It only pertains to vampires or if someone is in trouble. Why do you ask?” I replied.

“I need you to help me find someone. I know you can sense between the good and bad vampires obviously. I want to know if someone is alive.” Nonnie said.

“Non, I may call you that, can’t I?” I asked.

“Sure.” She replied.

“I can’t find people like that.” I said.

“No. I want to know if someone has been turned into a vampire and if they are good or bad.” Nonnie replied.

“It is a bit more complicated than that. I don’t even know who we are talking about or what they look like.” I replied wishing I could help.

“Here.” She said walking over to her closet and pulling out a box from a secret compartment. “Joe doesn’t know about this. Please do not tell him about what we are talking about, for this will break his heart.” She said.

“I like Joe, Nonnie and he seems to care a lot about you.” I said not wanting to get into the middle of something.

“Here.” She replied handing me a photo of her and another guy who had his arm wrapped around her.

As soon as I touched the picture, I had a flash. I closed my eyes. I had seen this guy before. I saw him in the airport when Erelin and I first came to L.A. to scout for a place to live. Out of all the people and vampires, I do not remember if he was good or not or a vampire but I definitely have a vibe on him.

“Who is he?” I asked.

“You felt something, did you not?” She asked.

“I have seen him before.” I said.

“So he is alive?” Nonnie replied all happy.

“Look, I remember seeing him about three weeks ago when Erelin and I were bringing some of our stuff from home here to L.A. to look for a new place to stay. I do not remember if he was human or not. There were so many people and vampires in the airport. I just remember seeing his face briefly. Who is he?” I asked.

“He was my fiancé at one time. His name was Frank Iero and he died about eight months ago.” Nonnie said sitting down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't you go and hurt Joe now Nonnie. haha.