Dead in the Water

Tricked

(Amanda’s POV)
I was not going to stake him but only scare him but something stopped me from even acting as if I was going to stake Brendon. He managed to grab my arm, and somehow overpower me for the moment and flip me over to where he was the one pinning me. Brendon’s fangs were out in full force and I fought to reach for my stake that he had knocked out of my hand.

“You don’t understand.” He growled at me. “I didn’t bring you here to hurt you.” He said grabbing my right arm that was reaching for my stake.

When Brendon touched me, I felt a surge of energy come over me. I closed my eyes and started to dream only I was awake. I tried to open my eyes but could not. I started to see things and hear voices in my head. What was this?

“Hey I got your message.” Brendon said wearing normal clothes. “Why are you dressed like that and why did you ask me to meet you here at an abandoned warehouse for, William?” He asked confused.

I was standing in the same room as if I was there. This looks like I am in someone else’s dream, wait, it is Brendon’s dream. That cannot be though if I am not dreaming. Is Brendon showing me his memories somehow?

“This is how I will be dressing from now on. I have a business proposal for you. That is why I brought you here.” Beckett replied.

“Look, William I told you that I am happy in the band I started with my friends. I don’t want any part in a new band besides, how would our friend Pete, feel about that?” Brendon asked.

“Oh, he will come around. I am not talking about starting a band, Brendon. I am talking about taking over this town.” Beckett grinned.

“Ok, you are starting to act crazy and it’s a little scary.” Brendon replied.

“Crazy is a good thing.” He laughed.

“Whatever, listen I am out of here. Call me when the old Beckett is back to himself again.” Brendon said turning to walk away.

“I didn’t say you could leave yet!” Beckett replied quickly moving to Brendon and grabbing him from behind.

“Hey! What?” Brendon replied before Beckett sank his teeth into Brendon’s neck.

“No!” I screamed running over to Beckett but it was as if I was invisible.

“You will join me now if you want to live.” He said throwing Brendon down on the floor.

“What did you do to me?” Brendon asked with fear in his eyes and gasping for breath.

“I am going to turn you.” Beckett said taking his teeth and cutting his wrist.

“I would rather die.” Brendon said trying to move but too weak.

“Here.” Beckett said forcing Brendon to drink by rubbing his wrist over Brendon’s mouth.
Once the blood hits his mouth it was as if he lost control over himself due to Beckett’s power over him now and he drank. Then Beckett grabbed him and drank what was left in Brendon killing him.

“No!” I screamed finally opening my eyes to see Brendon letting me go.