Dead in the Water

Decisions Decisions

(Amanda’s POV)
I watched as Nonnie got Frank’s cell phone number. When he left, Joe did not even speak a word to Non. He just glanced at her that he was happy she was ok but disappointed she was with Frank and headed upstairs.

“I want to thank you for letting Frank join the team.” Nonnie replied.

“Yeah, what the hell? I thought that Pete was the leader of the bunch.” Andy chimed in.

“I am still the leader but Amanda is the slayer so technically it’s her city to fight in and she hangs with us.” Pete replied not too happy right now with the current situation.

“I don’t like the idea of Frank and his friends joining us. I only apologized because of you. You are my friend and I do not want to see you get hurt. You asked me to find him. Well, it seems he found you. Nonnie, I am very torn right now. In case you have not noticed, your current boyfriend who was scared shitless about you is upstairs right now. Maybe you should go talk to him.” I said upset that I was the one put on the spot because it was my decision that Nonnie already made for me on Frank joining the gang.

“Amanda, I still cannot believe you kept this from me.” Elissa said.

“I do have something but I can’t tell you right now.” I said deciding I would tell her about Brendon.

“Is it about Frank?” She pressed.

“No. It is about where I have been all night.” I said.

“I know who took you. It was Brendon.” She said angry at me.

“Shh!” Erelin said as she walked behind me.

“Who said Brendon’s name and what about him?” Pete asked as I turned to Sisky for help.

“It was nothing Pete. Elissa was just warning Amanda and Erelin to be careful of him per your request.” Sisky said coming to the rescue. I could kiss him right now.

“It better be all you say about Brendon.” Pete said heading to the kitchen for a snack.

“That was a close one!” Erelin said breathing a sigh of relief.

I pulled Elissa to the side and Erelin and I explained all about Brendon from both of our perspectives. I told her what had happened to me last night and Erelin told her about him saving her that night we ran into each other at the club. Elissa told us how she saw how Pete was turned and that he believes Brendon set him up.

“That’s not true!” I snapped. “I saw how he was turned. He even feels guilty about Frank because he was not there to save him the night Frank showed up at Beckett’s party. He knew Nonnie and Frank. I do not think he brought Pete there to die either. I don’t think he got to save him in time.” I said keeping my voice low.

“I know. When I saw Pete’s memories, I thought the same thing. There was something off as if he was good. If only there was, a way to convince Pete that Brendon was innocent.” Elissa said.

“Maybe there is but it may take some time.” Erelin said thinking.

“Amanda, promise me you won’t keep anything from me again. You can trust me.” Elissa said sounding hurt.

“I will try.” I said looking at Erelin.

Sisky walked over to me. “Well, if we aren’t going slaying, do you still want that date?” He asked flashing me his big smile I love.

“Why not.” I replied taking his arm and locking it with mine.

“Have fun kiddies.” My sister said laughing along with Erelin.

Here is to a fun filled night with no drama. I maybe can have him answer all of my questions I have left unanswered. Best of all, my date will be without my sister tagging along.