Dead in the Water

Three's A Charm

(Amanda’s POV)
A thought suddenly occurred to me. The warning Brendon gave me about Beckett wanting the slayer and that he would find Erelin, popped into my head. I had a way to protect her so that she could protect herself from him. I was going to sacrifice myself and hope that my plan will work. If I can convince Beckett that he killed me, then it will buy Erelin sometime to come into her own as a slayer so that she has super strength and the ability to heal fast. It is called, protecting your family.

“Amanda, we should run.” Elissa said. “We are way outnumbered.” She said.

“And leave Erelin here alone with Brendon somewhere? No. I am not running besides where would we go. We have to stay or at least I do. I’m the slayer and while this sociopath of a vampire is loose, it is my job to stop him.” I said.

“I’m not leaving you.” Elissa said.

“Good.” I replied.

“What do we have here? Twins? Wait, didn’t I see you briefly the other night?” Beckett said, as he was closer to us.

“Can it, Beckett.” I said.

“Ooh, you have a mouth and you, my dear should be on our side. Why are you on your sister’s side?” Beckett said stepping closer to Elissa.

“Maybe it’s because I have a soul and only love vampires with a soul.” Elissa snapped.

“Oh, yeah, you date the thorn in my side that killed my number two.” Beckett sneered.

“He wouldn’t have been a thorn if you hadn’t had turned him against his will.” I said.

“My, you are feisty too. I like that in a woman.” Wait, I smell a slayer. Isn’t that cute that twin sisters are working side by side. However, one is a vampire that kills her kind and the other is a slayer who is sworn to kill vampires. That is kind of ironic.” Beckett laughed.

“I only kill the ones I don’t like.” I said encouraging Beckett.

“Capture her.” He said pointing to Elissa. “And bring the slayer to me.” Beckett snapped. He had ten of his men around him.

The fight broke out and Elissa and I started fighting like crazy. I just hoped that whatever Brendon was doing, he kept Erelin out of this battle. If Beckett felt Erelin as a potential slayer, it was all over with.

I managed to kill six of Beckett’s men when Beckett staked the last vampire I was fighting so he could fight me. It was not the setup I was looking for, but it would work into my plans. If I can get him to bite me and die and then revived, then the jobs done and Erelin will be safe.

“Amanda!” Elissa screamed. “Amanda, what are you doing?” She screamed again.

“Trust me!” I yelled back at her as Beckett started fighting back at me. He was very strong and surprisingly I was starting to wear out.

All of a sudden, Beckett stopped fighting me, which left me confused as I tried to catch my breath. I made the mistake of looking him in the eyes. That glance left me paralyzed. This was not the way I had planned it.

Elissa started to scream again something about snapping out of it but all my thoughts were on Beckett. His men had overpowered her and had her arms pinned. All I could do was walk towards Beckett.

I felt him take my hair and push it back away from my neck. “You have been bitten before I see. I have never killed a slayer before. I think I will drain you but let you suffer a bit. Your body won’t be able to heal itself from the blood loss you will be losing tonight and you will slowly die with your sister watching.” Beckett laughed.

I saw my sister and then thought of Erelin. I would be ok at least I hoped. If not then Erelin is the new slayer and my job is done. Her and Brendon can fight together and not have to hide and she will be stronger than I ever was maybe.

I closed my eyes and felt a sharp pain in my neck. I felt my life draining away from me. It is funny how different it feels from when Micah had bit me even though he drained a bit from me as well.

I heard screams and Beckett mumble something before I was let go and slumped to the ground. My head was spinning and my breathing became shallow. I felt picked up and barely was able to open my eyes.

“No! Don’t you leave me!” She screamed.

I heard Erelin and Brendon’s voice and Elissa yell at Brendon to take her, which I suppose meant Erelin. I looked up to see a frantic Erelin, being carried away by Brendon. Sirens were blurring together in my head and I finally went unconscious.