Dead in the Water

Back To The Street

(Erelin’s POV)
“Come with me, now!” Brendon said as I was about to help Elissa out.

“What? No, I am not leaving my friends.” I said pulling away from Brendon’s grip as he has appeared in front of me so quickly.

“Yes, you will.” He said picking me up and carrying me off to some alley, before I could protest.

“Let me go!” I said as he let go of me out of his arms.

“Look, it’s…” Brendon went on to say.

“Yeah, I know, it is not safe but it is my job to be out here. I do not need protecting. I choose to be out there slaying and my friends need me. You don’t have the right to want to take me out of a battle every time you see fit.” I said snapping at Brendon. He is the one that warned me in the first place to stay away from him so why is he now all of a sudden worried about me.

“Beckett is out there somewhere and he may find you.” Brendon responded.

“You warned me to stay away from you and you told Amanda. I understand your concern but thanks but no thanks.” I said turning to walk away from him. My body wanted to walk away actually but my heart screamed for me to stay.

“Erelin, I work for Beckett even though I really don’t. Pete hates me. He does not and will not ever understand. I cannot be with you as much as I want to. I would only put you in danger if Beckett found out about us. Ok so yes Beckett is around and I wanted to warn you but maybe I had to see you one last time too. That is why I pulled you away.” Brendon said doing some fast explaining.

It was weird how I do not really know Brendon but that my heart is drawn to him. That first kiss we shared that night he saved me in the alley left me breathless and his eyes seemed to stare into my soul. His smile, oh, his smile is something that I crave to see more of also. He has me under his spell and he wants to push me away to protect me.

“We can be together or at least try, if you come with me right now. Stand up to Beckett. Amanda and I can help you. We can do it and Pete will just have to understand.” I said.

“It isn’t that simple. Beckett is a monster. Erelin, you do not have the slayer abilities to go up against Beckett unless something happens to Amanda. Let’s say Beckett was to throw you hard against a brick wall, a slayer can bounce back up as if nothing happened but a scratch. You on the other hand probably would have broken your back. I don’t want anything to happen to you.” He said pulling me close.

“Why me? Out of everyone in the club that night, why did you choose me and don’t say because you figured out who I was.” I said.

“I don’t really know. I have dated many girls. They all seemed so fake. I glanced at you once and I could not take my eyes off you. You were different. Something called to me and awakened my heart. I just knew I had to know you even though it’s wrong for us to be together now.” Brendon said looking in my eyes.

“If it’s so wrong then why did you have to see me one last time? I am a drug you can’t get out of your system aren’t I?” I said smiling a bit, as we got closer to each other. Our eyes seemed to meet and our lips wanted to touch.

“Maybe.” He said finally kissing me.

We kissed for what seemed forever. He is the only guy that I have been able to kiss that leaves me wanting more. I have never felt this way towards any guy I have dated in the past.

“I better get back.” I said breaking our kiss.

“You should.” Brendon said kissing me again.

“I need to.” I said breaking it again.

“But do you want to?” Brendon replied.

“No. Do you?” I asked.

“I don’t want to leave either but if Beckett is out there…” He said before I kissed him again pushing him up against an alley wall.

After making out some more, I finally pulled away. I should really head back to where Amanda and Elissa are. I was starting to get a bad feeling.

“I better get back. It’s too bad I won’t be seeing you any more.” I smiled leaving Brendon speechless for a change.

“Wait!” He said chasing after me and stopping me.

“Yes?” I replied smiling. I was going to get him to see me even if it kills me. We belonged together whether he wanted to fully admit it or not and I was going to make him see it.

“I don’t know how we could see each other.” Brendon replied.

“You can meet me at my apartment when you get away from Beckett. Just make sure that you are not followed. All you have to do is tap on my window and I can sneak out of it. We have a pool and a gazebo we can talk at.” I replied.

“Maybe I can take you up on your offer sometime.” He said grinning which made my heart stop for a second.

I turned to walk back to where Amanda and Elissa were when I heard Elissa screaming. Brendon and I both took off as fast as we could to where Elissa was screaming. I saw the most horrific site. Elissa was holding a barely conscious Amanda in her arms who was bleeding from her neck.

“No!” I screamed as Brendon pulled me back away from Amanda. “Let me go!” I screamed at him.

“Brendon, take Erelin away from here! Beckett could still be here. He did this!” Elissa said crying.

“Don’t you leave me!” Elissa said to Amanda.

I whipped out my phone as Brendon was trying to drag me away. “Come on!” He said.

“No, just wait!” I yelled as I dialed 911. I talked to the operator and told them there was an accident and where we were located.

“Elissa help is coming.” I said with tears in my eyes. “Amanda, you are going to be ok. Don’t leave us!” I yelled.

I heard sirens and Elissa yelled at Brendon to get me away from here so I would be safe. He started dragging me and I fought him but he gave me a look I had never seen before and I started to lose consciousness. I heard Elissa tell Brendon she would call me when she learned something as the sirens got closer and then I was officially out.