Dead in the Water

Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

(Amanda’s POV)
I watched as Elissa left my room. How could she not see anyone in my room? I know I was not imagining things. What I felt and heard was real. Once again, he has managed to bring me back and give me hope to live.

I started to feel that presence again as I did earlier when someone was watching me but it was different. I could not feel if it was a vampire or human. Was this the guy who came into my room and willed me to live practically?

Ok, Amanda, you can do this. I tried to stand and at first, I was a little wobbly. I grabbed onto the bed railing and balanced myself. I then grabbed my IV pole before the nurses came in having a cow thinking I pulled all my tubes out. Believe me I wanted to yank them all out and get out of here but that would only upset everyone.

I walked over to the door slowly and opened it. The feeling got stronger but this time vampire kicked in. It was not a bad feeling. If this was the same boy from my past, I know he was my age now. Was he really a vampire? I just felt so drawn to him. Why won’t he let me see him?

I started to walk out of my room. I looked in front of me at the nurses’ stand and saw that they were too busy to even notice me walking out of my room. I proceeded to head down the hallway wanting to get closer to who I was feeling at the moment but something stopped me.

“Hey, just where do you think you are going?” I heard Sisky say behind me as I felt two arms wrap around pulling me close.

“I’m alive and better. I am up.” I said turning around to face Sisky.

“I see that. You should be in bed. You scared all of us tonight.” Sisky said kissing me. I know I liked Sisky’s kiss but after the kiss, I felt earlier, which I know was real, nothing compared to it but I kissed Sisky back anyway to make him feel better.

When Sisky pulled back to grab my hand, the presence I was trying to find disappeared. My guy had disappeared on me. I looked down at the floor.

“Hey, are you ok?” Sisky asked.

“Yeah, just peachy.” I replied giving a half smile.

“We couldn’t find Beckett. Don’t worry though, we will.” Sisky said.

Somehow, I doubt that. He is out there roaming and waiting to attack anyone and anything that gets in his way. He also knows that Pete and the gang are looking for him. I will find him though. He cannot hide from me after biting me.

“You need to rest. C’mon.” Sisky said leading me back to my room. All I could do was turn and look behind me to see and feel nothing.