Dead in the Water

Two Months Later

(Two Months Later)
“I can’t believe how you and Beckett keep missing each other.” I replied to Amanda. She, Erelin, and I had met up in a diner that Nonnie used to work at not far from where the boys lived.

“It’s weird. He still thinks I am dead and I know sometimes where he is going to be at but he manages to escape me.” She replied.

“Is it from the bite?” Erelin asked.

“Yes. Ever since he bit me, I have heard his thoughts sometimes, or I have nightmares. That is how you guys, can anticipate where his next move will be is by me telling Pete where he is going to be at. Somehow, by the time I make it to where he is he is always gone though. At least you guys get to fight him.” Amanda said looking uncomfortable at the subject of Beckett.

“You still have nightmares of him biting you don’t you?” Erelin asked as Amanda stared out the window.

“It’s not something I can turn off. I do not regret what I did. It is just how it happened. I was careless and underestimated Beckett. You are a slayer now and kicking some major ass because of it though.” Amanda said starting to laugh.

“Amanda, I didn’t want to be the slayer if it meant the cost of your life though.” Erelin replied.

“Anyone want anymore coffee?” A waitress asked.

“Yes!” Erelin and Amanda replied at the same time.

“Amanda, I’m just glad you are safe and still with us now.” I said hugging my sister. “You look pale. Are you feeling well?” I asked Amanda. She usually isn’t this pale.

“I’m fine.” She said slouching back into the booth.

“How are things between you and Sisky? I know you have been around Erelin more and I apologize. I have been out with Pete a lot lately.” I replied.

“You mean sexing.” Amanda said laughing.

“Hey, not true, well, at least, not all the time.” I said blushing.

“Things are going great. He takes me out to the movies and dinner. I feel like a regular girl sometimes. He told me he loved me last week.” She replied.

“Ooh and what did you say back to him?” Erelin asked.

“Nothing.” Amanda replied taking a bite of her French fries as the waitress brought her and Erelin’s food.

“What do you mean nothing? Pete and I just knew we were made for each other.” I said disappointed in my sister.

“That is you and Pete. I like Sisky, don’t get me wrong. Things are great between us. I love him but not enough to say I am head over heals in love with him yet. It has only been two months that we have been seeing each other. I am opening my heart up slowly after my Micah fiasco and taking things slow.” She explained in between bites of food.

“Have you had sex yet?” I asked.

“What? No. What kind of question is that? Maybe that is private between me and Sisky.” She replied.

“I’m sorry. I just wanted to know. Don’t have a cow on me.” I said rolling my eyes.

“How are things between you and Brendon since what happened to Amanda?” I asked Erelin.

“I haven’t seen him. Why don’t you go ask him?” Erelin said looking disappointed.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Brendon was there for me when I became the slayer and that was it. He had Frank beat the crap out of his face to make it look like Pete beat him up to explain why he did not show up at Beckett’s compound the night Amanda was in the hospital. I felt him briefly one night when we went out slaying, me and Amanda, and that was all.” Erelin explained.

My phone started to go off and I looked at it. “Excuse me but I have to take this call.” I replied.

“Tell my brother-in-law wannabe I said hello.” Amanda smiled as I got up from the table.