Dead in the Water

Frank's Big Mistake

(Amanda’s POV)
“Hey I want to walk down to the docks. I have a feeling that says we should go there.” Erelin replied.

“What? I don’t feel like walking that far.” I replied.

“So, let’s go back and get the car. We have to drive home anyway.” She replied.

“Fine.” I said rolling me eyes.

We picked up the car and I drove us down to a spot I could hide my car at the docks. There were some boats still out but there was some tied down. As we walked farther, warehouses built on piers finished one end of the docks. It was a great meeting spot for all the vampires to hang out at that belonged in their respective gangs.

“Hey, doesn’t that look like Nonnie and Frank?” I asked.

“And they look like they could use some help.” Erelin said as we both took off running.

As we approached closer, I saw Nonnie start to hit Frank. Then I saw Frank sink his teeth into Nonnie and yell something at the vampires who were attacking them. I am going to kill him.

I quickly ran past Erelin and ran to where I was standing in front of Frank. His fangs were still out and Erelin finally stood behind him blocking his path. I will kill him. I knew I could not trust him.

“I knew I couldn’t trust you. I knew there was a reason why I want to pummel your ass.” I said with my stake raised.

“You won’t hurt me. If you do then you hurt Nonnie.” Frank said with her still in his arms.

“Put her down. There is nowhere for you to run.” Erelin said.

“And if I don’t?” Frank challenged.

“Then I kick your sorry ass and make you wish you were dead as in there is no coming back. I have already died once from an attack. I will not let you feed on Nonnie.” I said ready to attack. I nodded at Erelin and I did a low kick that sent an unconscious Nonnie flying into Erelin who caught her.

Frank started to run and I knocked him back to the ground beating the shit out of him. I tried to stake him but he knocked my stake out of my hands. He head butted me sending me flying off him but I managed to trip him. His nose and lips were busted open and I gave him some bruised ribs.

Frank got up one more time but Erelin managed to do a roundhouse kick, which sent him flying backwards. “If you come near Nonnie again, I will hunt you down and kill you. If you come near any of my friends, I will hunt you down and kill you. If you even think of trying to find a way to talk to Nonnie, I will hunt you down. Good vampire my ass.” I said as Frank gave me an icy stare before hobbling off in the darkness.

“Amanda, you have Frank’s blood on you.” Erelin said as I helped her get Nonnie to my car.

“That was my favorite shirt too.” I said as we carefully put Nonnie in the backseat.

“Why would Frank do that?” Erelin asked.

“I don’t know. I do know that you were right on your feeling earlier.” I said wondering why I was off tonight to catch that.

Just then, as Erelin got in the car, I started to feel a far worse feeling. I closed my eyes. I saw a flash. It was Beckett and he looked nervous about something. What would make Beckett scared?

“Are you ok?” Erelin asked as I finally got in the car.

“Yes. I just thought I saw something.” I replied. “Let’s take Non, back to our place for the night. I feel a lot safer knowing that Frank will not dare come to our place.” I said heading for home.

“Should we call Joe?” Erelin asked.

“I think we need to have a group meeting tomorrow night. We will call Joe in the morning. He seemed too eager to be on his date tonight.” I said sighing.

“Joe will kill him.” Erelin said sighing.

“If he doesn’t, then I will.” I replied.