Dead in the Water

Beckett's Worst Nightmare

(Amanda’s POV)
We drove around to all of the possible places that Frank may have been hiding out. Nonnie could not feel him anywhere. She even had me go to his place where we went first and he was not home. Actually, his friends were not there either.

Erelin and I had explained things to Sisky who took Nonnie’s side and told me I could not kill Frank. I just sighed and rolled my eyes. The next place we headed to was, the airport. She could not feel him and I felt no vampires of any kind, which was odd.

“Let’s try the docks where he bit me.” Nonnie suggested.

“Ok.” I said heading to the docks.

We arrived there and I popped open my trunk for weapons. Everyone grabbed something to use for protection. As we already knew, it was vampire central.

“What?” I asked.

“Don’t even think about hurting Frank.” Erelin reiterated to me.

“Look, I got it. Can’t I at least hurt him a little?” I asked.

“No!” All three of them replied.

We started walking a bit. It appeared eerily quiet tonight. It wasn’t something that I was used to.

“Erelin, do you find it odd that so far I feel no vampires around?” I asked.

“Yeah.” She replied with a puzzled look.

“I think I found him!” Nonnie yelled.

“Shh!” Sisky replied. “If there are vampires you just gave away our location.” He added.

“Sorry.” She whispered.

“I don’t feel anything.” I said.

“Neither do I.” Erelin replied.

Just then, I felt Beckett. Erelin seemed unfazed which meant that he was a good distance away from a slayer’s radar. Me, on the other hand knew from my bite.

“Erelin, I need to take care of something. Can you watch Nonnie and find Frank without me?” I asked.

“Sure, but why?” She asked.

“I have to find someone as well.” I said taking off with Sisky behind me.

“Hey, where are you going?” He said catching up to me and grabbing my arm.

“Sisky, let me go. Beckett is here. It is time for some unfinished business.” I said turning around.

“No. I am coming with you. I am not going to lose you again.” He said.

“Again?” I replied.

“You haven’t been the same since your attack. I feel as if I have lost apart of you.” Sisky said.

“I am sorry you feel that way.” I said. “Stay close.” I said taking off again into some side streets of the docks.

I felt Beckett was closer to me now and I pulled out my stake ready to attack but I felt another presence. It was one from my dreams. I got as close as I could without being spotted or felt. Sisky pushed me behind a dumpster.

“What was that for?” I asked.

“I have a bad feeling.” He said as we poked our heads around the dumpster.

What we saw was Beckett and he was waiting for someone. He had no vampire guards around him. I looked at Sisky. He held me back because he knew I wanted to spring an attack on Beckett.

“Just wait.” He said.

“Well, Mr. Beckett. I see you arrived on time.” I heard a voice say. I knew that voice.

“It can’t be!” I whispered.

“What, you know that vampire?” Sisky asked.

“Yes. That is Ian. He is the one that turned my sister, and haunts my dreams if Beckett does not.” I replied.

We listened and finally saw Ian appear out of the fog. My mouth fell open. He has finally found out that Elissa is here and soon he will come after her.

“Beckett, I am glad that this city’s vampires fear you. You have built quite the establishment of vampires here.” Ian said.

“What did you want with me?” Beckett asked nervously.

“I want you to hunt down and find a vampire named Elissa.” Ian said grabbing Beckett and throwing him onto a wall of a warehouse.

“Did he just…” Sisky and I said at the same time.

“What if I already know that she is here in this city somewhere hunting my men?” Beckett replied with a hint of fear in his eyes.

“I know she is here. You will bring her to me.” Ian said with his fangs out and kicking Beckett as he was on the ground.

“Oh and I learned that she had a sister too.” Ian replied helping Beckett up.

“She did have a sister. I killed her.” Beckett said.

“You did what?” Ian said starting to punch Beckett and beat him up badly. Who would have thought that big bad Beckett had a tougher enemy to worry about now?

“I’m sorry. I did not know you were looking for them. I hadn’t met you until last night.” Beckett said pleading to Ian as he was on his knees.

“I will kill you if you fail me. I don’t care how many vampires of yours it takes I want Elissa found and alive.” Ian said holding Beckett up where he could not touch the ground.

“She has friends. Some are vampires and some are not.” Beckett whined.

“Bring them alive to me too. I want her to see them die at my hands for her betrayal.” Ian sneered.

“I can see that your vampire friends are afraid of me and they should be. I am glad that they kept their distance tonight.” Ian added. So, that is why all the vampires were no shows down here tonight.

“Don’t fail me. Oh, and nice suit.” Ian said throwing Beckett.

“How will I know where to find you?” Beckett asked.

“You’ll know.” Ian said disappearing in the fog. Just like that, Beckett left into the night as well.

“Wow. I have to warn Elissa. We need to call a meeting.” I said coming out from behind the dumpster.

“Everyone should be safe tonight. When we drop Nonnie off tonight, that is when we should warn everyone including your sister.” Sisky said. “Why so sad?” Sisky asked.

“I don’t want to lose my sister.” I said.

“Hey, I know you don’t and you won’t.” Sisky said pulling me close to him. Our eyes met and he leaned in for a kiss. I let him kiss me.

“I’ve been thinking, Sisky.” I said as he grabbed my hand and we went to start looking for Erelin and Nonnie.

“What’s that?” He asked me.

“Life is too short. If I may, can I crash at your place tonight.” I said smiling.

“Are you trying to say what I think you are saying?” He asked.

“I think I am ready for the next step in our relationship.” I replied.

“I thought you would never say that.” Sisky said picking me up, and spinning me around.

“Put me down though or I may change my mind.” I said laughing.

“Oh, yeah, right.” He said putting me down.

“Amanda, I promise you that Elissa and everyone else will be fine.” Sisky said looking in my eyes. I do not know why but I believed him.

“Come on. We need to find Nonnie and see if she found Frank. I need a punching bag.” I said joking.

“Hey.” Sisky said smiling.

“What? I was only kidding.” I said grinning.