Dead in the Water

Here We Go Part Two

(Amanda’s POV)
I was not asleep but it was like a dream. It was the same as it was when Brendon showed me how he became a vampire. I saw and could hear Martin’s memories.

“Amanda, I don’t know if you can hear me. These are for you.” Martin said placing flowers on the table of my hospital room. He was staring from where he left me years ago. I was in and out of consciousness from the meds and being sick.

“Martin?” I saw myself say groggily.

“Hey, just sleep, ok. You are going to be well. You are going to get better and then we are going to see each other again. I promise.” He replied placing his hands over mine.

“You are going to live and have a happy life. I know you are a fighter. You are going to kick pneumonia’s ass.” He whispered in my ear. “You want to know why?” He asked and then he started singing in my ear.

“I won't try to philosophize
I'll just take a deep breath and I'll look in your eyes
This is how I feel
And its so so real
I got a closet filled up to the brim
With the ghosts of my past and the skeletons
And I don't know why
You'd even try
But I won't lie
You caught me off guard
Now I'm running and screaming
I feel like a hero and you are my heroine.”

Then he kissed me on the lips. “You are going to be ok. It is strange to say this early but I love you. You are my hero in many ways. We shall meet again.” He said kissing me again before leaving my room.

Martin was my hero however. He kept my spirits up when I was down from being in the hospital. He was there for me and understood me when nobody else did. I do not know what I would have done without him during that time.

Next, it flashed to several years later. He was in a club with some of his friends. It looked like he was in a band and I was right. What happened to you Martin to living your dream to becoming a vampire, I wondered.

“Do you want us to drive you home?” One of his band mates asked after their gig.

“No, I’m good.” Martin replied packing up his guitar and equipment. “I think I am going to walk home. My apartment is not far from here, as you know. Thanks anyway, Paul.” He added.

“Are you sure? It is dark and late. Sometimes I worry about the place you live at, man.
There are too many crazies out there.” Paul replied.

“Relax, I will be fine and besides I had to take somewhere I could afford until our record deal takes off.” Martin says.

“Ok, but just be careful.” Paul said as Martin headed out the club.

Martin walked several blocks until out of nowhere; he was ambushed and knocked to the ground, by several vampires. I did not think that was Ian’s style. I thought he always worked alone, but then again Gerard is working for him now.

“What do we have here?” Ian said as the three vampires picked Martin up off the ground but had his hands held behind his back.

“What is this? If you want money, all I have is like five dollars. You can have my guitar over there. It is like new. I do not want any trouble. I just want to get home.” Martin said
struggling to break free.

“Relax; I don’t want your money. I need an army that will do everything I say.” Ian laughed.

“Sorry, but I’m not joining any army.” Martin said looking around for any help but there was none.

“Ah, that’s a pity. I could use someone like you. You have that young, fresh, face that could lure more people to my side. You humans are pathetic, well, except for one girl who I will eventually make mine even if it kills her.” He laughed.

“What?” Martin asked as he was suddenly pushed over to Ian.

“This might sting a bit.” Ian said grabbing Martin hard and biting down on his neck.

“What the…” Martin replied starting to slump to the ground.

“No!” I screamed just as I had when I saw Brendon’s memories and how he had bit him. I wanted to attack him but I knew I could not. He was not real, just a memory.

“Did you drain him dry, boss?” One vampire asked.

“Not yet.” He said slitting his wrist.

“You will become like us. Nobody refuses me.” Ian replied forcing Martin to drink as he fought to keep from drinking the drops of blood seeping from Ian’s wrist. I watched, as Martin had grown weaker and weaker until he finally opened his lips to gasp for air and Ian got him to drink his blood. Then, Ian finished him off licking his lips when Martin took his last breath.

At that very moment, I wanted to hurt something, mainly Ian. I wanted to cry and I wanted to hold Martin in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are <3 and may bring more updates hehe.