Dead in the Water

The Truth Hurts Worse Than Anything

(Erelin’s POV)
I dropped Elissa off and had a major chewing out on her. Then I left her place and headed back to Pete and the gang. I tried calling Amanda’s cell but she was not answering. I think she was going to be ok. That vampire that took her away was a good vampire and it was almost as if he has been watching her. I believe he must be the one that visited her in the hospital two months ago, that she missed.

I arrived back at Pete’s and saw that everyone was asleep. It must have been nice. How can they sleep with Amanda out there somewhere and finding Sisky and Elissa together?
I walked upstairs only to see clothes thrown out Pete’s bedroom door. Well, almost everyone was asleep. I picked up the clothes and greeted Pete.

“I take back what I said. I do not want her coming here to get her things. Can you take them to her? I don’t think I can manage to look at her face right now without hurting something.” Pete replied about Elissa.

“Pete, I can do that if you put these in a bag.” I said handing him back Elissa’s things.

“Am I that bad? Do I not satisfy her that she has to sneak around with Sisky who by the way was seeing her sister and someone I care about as well? I know Amanda has to be dying inside right now.” Pete said upset.

“Have you gotten any luck on getting a hold of her?” I asked sitting on the bed.

“No. I have left tons of messages. I am worried. I don’t know who that vampire was and it is almost daylight so I can’t exactly go looking for her.” Pete said angrily throwing Elissa’s things in a duffel bag.

“Pete, I think Amanda is safe. I felt him when I ran out of the building. He is good and Amanda had told me that he had appeared to her before but when she was in the hospital. He helped her to live from her attack.” I explained.

“That still doesn’t make me feel better.” He said as I yawned.

“It pains me that Elissa would do this. I felt a connection with her. I loved her which is more than I can say for some girls I dated in the past.” Pete said sitting beside me.

“Elissa is very upset. I know that doesn’t make you feel better but I think she does love you but its something that you two need to talk about when you are ready and frankly I would make her suffer a bit.” I replied.

“You need rest. Are you heading back to your apartment?” Pete asked.

“Actually, I think I am too tired to drive Amanda’s car home. Is it ok if I crash on the couch downstairs?” I asked.

“Sure.” Pete replied.

“I will sleep for a few hours here and then head back to my place to see if Amanda showed up.” I said getting up.

“I am sorry for you, Pete. I have to say this however because it is true but Elissa has stolen every boyfriend or potential suitor that Amanda has had. It is just in her nature. Do not take it personally. It is just Elissa. I don’t know if she secretly has a jealous complex or what of Amanda but that’s how it has always been.” I said hugging Pete.

“Goodnight, Erelin.” Pete said handing me Elissa’s things and shutting his door on my way out.

I walked down the hall to the bathroom and noticed Nonnie’s door was open. Inside, she was sleeping under the covers with Frank on top of the covers. She was lying on his chest.

I washed up a bit and then headed downstairs. I was beat. I crawled up on the couch and thought of Brendon. I wished that we could have what Nonnie and Frank have. Most of all, I wonder where is he or what he is thinking since Beckett has not returned home. Maybe tonight, he will find me again.